Quantcast

Off for my birthday tomorrow. But can't figure out what to ride....

Where/What should I ride?

• Screw around Paris Mtn solo (no clue of the trails)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mills River to Laurel to Big Creek (Never been)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Laurel to Pilot to Pilot Cove

• Maxwell/Black/Sycamore Cove

• Avery's Creek/ Bennett

• Daniel Ridge (but what route?)

• Toll Rd to Heartbreak

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Some random wanderings in Dupont

• Push my bike up a hill until I'm numb

• Bacon

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Options limitless. All you saps are working. DH bike is up and running, but no shuttles to trench in.

Trail bike fully functional, but mind on lock down. Only good suggestion so far is losing myself on Big Creek. Where's Mueller when you need someone to take you on a multi-hour death march you'll regret and talk about for years to come?

mlin32

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
WNC
If I wasn't out of town for training, I'd be up for shuttling Farlow (which lends itself to Daniels Ridge).

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Asked Wes about several things I'd never ridden before and that I wanted to do a little trout fishing at the end. I wound up parking at Cove Creek and climbing up Caney Bottom to Daniel Ridge counterclockwise and it was way too short, so I climbed Farlow. Got about 700 feet elevation from the top at the massive waterfall and had to turn around short on time.

http://app.strava.com/rides/22642249#404420170

Running time 2hrs+. Doesn't seem like much, but 80% was all steep, tight technical climbing. I was in the woods for over 3 hrs, but paused the GPS tons of times, including trips to waterfalls and lunch on the rocks. Cramping pretty good from it, but very happy.

I've also concluded that there is a rare breed of trout in the upper reaches of the Davidson River that must be completely FREAKING blind. ;)

Best 40th birthday I've ever had.

Crap....almost forgot. BACON WON!!!! I stopped at Earth Fare to grab some chow for the girls and got a 1/2lb of their fresh cut bacon from the butcher. :drool:

Last edited: