Quantcast

off to Big Sur for the weekend

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
heading out in the mobile casa for some chilling, beer drinking, hiking with the wife and our 3 dogs down at Kirk Creek. we have a spot with a great view of the ocean from the top of a bluff. Roughing it we aint. I plan on grilling steaks for dinner and whipping up omelets for breakfast, pulling ice cold beer out of the fridge and basically being a total slacker for the weekend:thumb:

if I get motivated and there is cell service I might post some pics from when we are out on the trails

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Nice rig! Between the angle of the shot and the size of the camper, I can't tell if there's a short bed or a long bed under there.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
That campsite is friggin awesome. How do you know you have a site? Isn't it first come first served down there?

We like to go motorcycle camping down there and have stayed at the primitive sites up on the ridge a bunch of times when the lower sites are full.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
to answer the questions, Its a long bed with a Lance 1055 which is 10' 11". We had a choice of sites at Kirk Creek as it was only half full.

I have a crap load of pics to sort through. I will post some and put a web link up to the full slide show. Temps during the day on Saturday were near 70 until the sun went down then it dropped to 34. Sunday had over cast and wind, it never got above 50 in the sunny areas and most of the time it was in the low 40's. I am not missing tent camping at all. We were warm and toasty, I cooked Beef Bourguignon with rice for dinner on the range. Drank beer under the stars next to the fire pit and slept in a queen size bed with a down comforter. We did a bit of hiking until the little dog tweaked a paw then it was just hang out with glasses of wine or bottles of beer.