Quantcast

Off Topic: Co2 Tanks/Fills

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Alright Monkeys, my countless phone calls and questions on home-brew pages have failed me so I come to you. Budman got me hooked on home brewing and I've decided to start kegging my batches (ie- build a kegerator) so with that, I need a Co2 setup. Home brew places sell new tanks yet I know almost every welding supply shop will swap the brand new tank for their fugly steel used sucker when I go get it filled.

So do any monkeys know of a good place in the Seattle area that has Co2 tanks (steel and used is fine) for a decent price? Talking under $100, every place I've called wants 80+ for a 5lb. I'll go for anything 5-20lb.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Don't know about anything over on your side of the mountains but you might try the guys at Jim's Homebrew in Spokane. That's where I used to get all my stuff when I brewed, but I never kegged it. They always had some used stuff available or knew where to get it. Might be worth a shot picking their brains. Good Luck!

http://www.jimshomebrew.com/

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
mplutodh1 said:
Alright Monkeys, my countless phone calls and questions on home-brew pages have failed me so I come to you. Budman got me hooked on home brewing and I've decided to start kegging my batches (ie- build a kegerator) so with that, I need a Co2 setup. Home brew places sell new tanks yet I know almost every welding supply shop will swap the brand new tank for their fugly steel used sucker when I go get it filled.

So do any monkeys know of a good place in the Seattle area that has Co2 tanks (steel and used is fine) for a decent price? Talking under $100, every place I've called wants 80+ for a 5lb. I'll go for anything 5-20lb.
Matt,

My buddy works at Central Welding in Everett. It is on Hewitt just west of I-5. I am sure he could find something for you.

On a side note...are you still connected with that moto suspension shop you used to work at? :D I am in need of atleast springs and was looking to keep it local. ;)

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Have you called Larrys Brewing in Kent? Last time i checked they were about $60

Hope that helps.