Quantcast

Offensive kids shows...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My kids have seized control of the remote and everything short of NHL Network. I have found the following shows highly offensive via their sheer idiocy and stupidosity...

-The Gamers Guide to Pretty Much Anything
- The Thundermans
- Jessie
- Good Luck Charlie
- Liv and Maddie
- Anything with a pre recorded laugh track that is applied indiscriminately.

I have spoken. It is law. Except as where contraindicated by previous legal agreement and/or standing rule of law or international agreement.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I heart Adventure Time. Not sure if your kids are beyond such things. Thankfully I don't think I will ever be too old for it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have to watch Archer at work because it offends my wife.
that is nice.

i have yet to meet a woman who can not fathom that i do not need a shit eating grin on my face to be happy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It was originally shown on a channel at a time that was equally known for spring break bikini contests and Sir Mix A Lot videos.
Could have happened. Cannot confirm however. I would like to think I would have remembered this. But I cannot. To qualify I was never a Sir Mix A Lot fan....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It was originally shown on a channel at a time that was equally known for spring break bikini contests and Sir Mix A Lot videos.
So that's why it was never on on Sunday mornings eh.

I may be wrong, but it might have been on the cartoon network a long time ago. Then again, a lot of the stuff on the cartoon network I would say isn't for kids.

My mom in particular was very weird when we were growing up; brother and I were not allowed to watch the Simpsons. But she had no problem with South Park a few years later. King of the Hill of the Hill was never banned either. She also let me watch Jurassic Park in theatre when I was 7, which gave me some good nightmares for a few nights. It was that huge pile of shit that got me...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So that's why it was never on on Sunday mornings eh.

I may be wrong, but it might have been on the cartoon network a long time ago. Then again, a lot of the stuff on the cartoon network I would say isn't for kids.

My mom in particular was very weird when we were growing up; brother and I were not allowed to watch the Simpsons. But she had no problem with South Park a few years later. King of the Hill of the Hill was never banned either. She also let me watch Jurassic Park in theatre when I was 7, which gave me some good nightmares for a few nights. It was that huge pile of shit that got me...

I stand corrected, R&S did debut on Nickelodeon. I thought it started out with MTV. Didn't have cable so my exposure was at friends places and had no control of the channel.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Not offensive, per se, but toddler shows make you want to eat a bullet. Bubble Guppies can suck a fat one, along with Paw Patrol.

However, I did get my kid started on We Bare Bears, which isn't horrible.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
On the other hand I love Phineaus and Ferb, and Gravity Falls cracks me up...
my 10/6 year olds love phineas and ferb...it's tolerable.

ren and stimpy was originally nick; beavis and butthead was mtv

until recently my kids mostly watched the pbs shows, which are tolerable. pocoyo is pretty funny (especially after a few beers), peep and the wide world is also ok w/me. any of that pre-teen shit can suck it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Paw Patrol. Ugh. I have Haley on Blue's Clues right now and I let her watch it whenever she wants.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I love regular show and peppa pig.
regular show is so bizarre, yet amazing.... like a kubrick movie; though my wife says is no good for a 2 y-o and she is probably right.

and peppa pig.. its one of the only 2 age-appropiate kid shows I can watch with my kid for hours (the other is the russian show massha and the bear)...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
One thing I have learned having a kid is how incredible high these people are who make some of these cartoons.
Watch Uncle Grandpa for 5 minutes and tell me somebody sober created it. And don't even get me started on how hard the people on Yo Gabba Gabba are tripping.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
One thing I have learned having a kid is how incredible high these people are who make some of these cartoons.
Watch Uncle Grandpa for 5 minutes and tell me somebody sober created it. And don't even get me started on how hard the people on Yo Gabba Gabba are tripping.
Stoned cartoonists. Happening since...well, the beginning of cartoons.

NTTAWWT.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
my 10/6 year olds love phineas and ferb...it's tolerable.

ren and stimpy was originally nick; beavis and butthead was mtv

until recently my kids mostly watched the pbs shows, which are tolerable. pocoyo is pretty funny (especially after a few beers), peep and the wide world is also ok w/me. any of that pre-teen shit can suck it.
My kids moved on years ago but I still want to kick Caillou in his fat bald head. My kids now mostly watch stuff like Mythbusters, How It's Made and Treehouse Masters. It's a significant improvement.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
My kid loves peppa pig which is ok. She also loves dorra the explorer, which is ok except for map, i fucking hate map. Even though i love cars and trucks, i cant stand blaze and the monster machines. Most of them are pretty crap when they are made for 3 year olds.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Used to love the shit out of some Rocket Power.

I would like to curb stomp the Tree House Masters host and every rich, entitled asswipe who is featured on that show.

Namaste.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I read that US Netflix now has all 4 seasons of the Animaniacs.

Stupid Canadian Netflix is stupid...

Em_Ef_Er

Chimp
Nov 21, 2015
Connecticut
My kids moved on years ago but I still want to kick Caillou in his fat bald head. My kids now mostly watch stuff like Mythbusters, How It's Made and Treehouse Masters. It's a significant improvement.
Caillou is seriously the worst, my daughter used to love that show. Thankfully that's over.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my wife lets my kid watch TV, i typically don't. he does seem to like bubble guppies. i do let him watch bike races, which he seems to be into.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I apparently avoided/still avoid a whole lot of bullshit. :D

Wife and I are currently contemplating kicking Netflix to the curb as well, since... well, we don't watch it.

Although we did watch "Look Who's Back" a couple days ago. :rofl: