Quantcast

Office 2003, Vista, and the Freakin' EULA

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I have installed Office 2003 on my laptop that has Vista :disgust1:. Every damn time I open Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. the EULA pops up and makes you accept it. Every time.

I have spent quite a bit of time this afternoon researching how to fix this. I have installed tons of updates. I have gotten nowhere. :rant::rant:

Does anyone know a fix for this?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I believe that turning off User Access Control (the old, "Would you like to run this program: YES/NO" box) fixes this.

Otherwise, give this a shot: go to the start menu, and type "winword" into the search bar... when the Word icon pops up in the results list, right click it and click "Run As Administrator" - then accept the EULA and it should go away forever.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I believe that turning off User Access Control (the old, "Would you like to run this program: YES/NO" box) fixes this.

Otherwise, give this a shot: go to the start menu, and type "winword" into the search bar... when the Word icon pops up in the results list, right click it and click "Run As Administrator" - then accept the EULA and it should go away forever.
That worked like a champ! Thanks! :weee:

"must spread rep..." :rant:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
turn it off!

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".

3. Click on one of the user accounts, for example you can use the Guest account.

4. Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.

5. Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.

6. In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.

7. You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.

Then You're Golden.

Enjoy!