Quantcast

Office 2007 has really messed things up

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
We updated our engineering company computer while we could still get a student discount on the suite.

Well... fricken Microsoft in all its' wisdom... The Excel update over wrote all our data table settings to the "new" defaults from font type to line size to color of the point etc. You have no idea how much work and hassle this is going to be to get them all set back to how our company has been putting data together in reports.

Any idea how to get our old settings back besides manually recreating each table?

gg

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I"ll check it out. It drives me nuts to do tech support for my spouse. I did find out we've got 90 days free support ( rme) from MS itself, so I will probably give them a call because I am sure this isn't supposed to happen.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Interesting. I was talking to a gal from another engineering firm, mentioned our upgrade, and the first thing she said, "oh, are your charts all f****d up?"

3 hours on the phone to MS tech support couldn't resolve a single thing on of the upgrade issues whether it's the changes in the drawing tools, the color picker going from 40 to 16 colors, blah blah blah.

We're going to uninstall asap. If you do any engineering work at all in Office, be forewarned.

gg

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
We have not one but TWO case numbers with MS, one for failed tech support and one for the uninstall. Lost no files or data, everything is GREAT now that we're back into 2003.

We bought it from a "no refunds" MS subsidiary. I'm not holding my breath on a refund, but just maybe with all the documentation I have of what a total fail this was AND the uninstall, just maybe we'll get our money back.

right.

hh