Quantcast

Office rock sucks

flydi007

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
asleep at my desk
i am at my wits end with the music choice at my office. i think that light rock might be the worst addition to any cubicle environment ever. i think this week i've heard paula abdul's "straight up" like 8 times, and 'black velvet" like twice today. pretty soon i'm going go insane!

sorry, just needed to vent! :mumble:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
flydi007 said:
i am at my wits end with the music choice at my office. i think that light rock might be the worst addition to any cubicle environment ever. i think this week i've heard paula abdul's "straight up" like 8 times, and 'black velvet" like twice today. pretty soon i'm going go insane!

sorry, just needed to vent! :mumble:
iTunes.

Dump all your CD's onto your work machine, then tell your office buddies to do the same, then share the iTunes on the LAN.

At this office we have at least 140gb of music to listen to at any one time.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
H8R said:
iTunes.

Dump all your CD's onto your work machine, then tell your office buddies to do the same, then share the iTunes on the LAN.

HOLY CRAP!! That's a lot of music! Got any Poison on there? Those chicks were HOT!!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
H8R said:
iTunes.

They won't let us do that any more, "It bogs down the network" :rolleyes:

But, yeah I tunes and headphones.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
iTunes.

That's what I do... I have 30 gigs here at work (more at home but it was the biggest spare drive I had). I shared the directory with some friends around the network and now we have tunes to listen to from San Fran to San Diego. Of course being that I work in IT I can get away with it. If one of my end LUsers did that I would disable their account and smack em.

flydi007

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
asleep at my desk
Ciaran said:
That's what I do... I have 30 gigs here at work (more at home but it was the biggest spare drive I had). I shared the directory with some friends around the network and now we have tunes to listen to from San Fran to San Diego. Of course being that I work in IT I can get away with it. If one of my end LUsers did that I would disable their account and smack em.
that's a really good idea-i wonder if my coworkers would appreciate my music selection...

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I keep hearing the stupid new Foo Fighter's song on the radio. It's driving me nuts. It's possibly one of the most boring songs I've ever heard.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
"Star". That was the previous name of the station where I work. I called it the Disco Biscuit. All cheesey s--t that made me think of overweight middle-American townie homemakers dressed in moo-moo's shakin' they groove thing at the local watering hole.
But now they are a DJ-less station. Complete change of format. Now they just play a bunch of everything.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
flydi007 said:
that's a really good idea-i wonder if my coworkers would appreciate my music selection...
The cool thing about it is the more people that have iTunes open on the LAN, the wider the selection.

I never run out of new stuff to listen to.

Also, it reveals alot about the people you work with.

"Wow, that guy in marketing listens to alot of bad indie rock"...etc

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
flydi007 said:
yeah, it's really bad when i hear michael bolton singing "when a man loves a woman." i can't help laughing to myself and thinking about office space

I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, it doesn't get any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
H8R said:
Man, I would just NOT be comfortable with that....
I could just see folks here.....

"Hey Doris, look at all of this music on Mackies computer...."
"You're right, Kathy, he sure has a lot of off-beat stuff..."

"Wait a minute....look at some of these track names.....
'Kissing the Lipless'???......'Don't Tell the Horses the Stable is On Fire'???....'Lick My Ass'???.....'Dig Up Her Bones'???....'Suck a Caribou's Ass'??? !!!!"
"That's it, I'm never talking to him again....i fact, I'm calling HR and filing a complaint against him!!!!"

Yeah, I wear headphones, or heavily edit my playlists when listening at work.....

flydi007

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
asleep at my desk
H8R said:
The cool thing about it is the more people that have iTunes open on the LAN, the wider the selection.

I never run out of new stuff to listen to.

"Wow, that guy in marketing listens to alot of bad indie rock"...etc
ha ha i'm totally the girl in marketing who listens to bad indie rock.

flydi007

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
asleep at my desk
robdamanii said:
But...but...but....the music....it made me crazy.....and no paycheck....when Mr. Lumberg told me.....move my desk.....just the last straw...
mr lumberg told me that i could listen to my radio at a reasonable volume. if cynthia can listen to her headphones while she's filing, then i should be able to listen to my radio while i'm collating...

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
H8R said:
That's gotta be Wesley Willis??!??

No one should have a problem with that.

:thumb:
Yeah, Wesley just rocks.
Surprisngly though, not everyone at work appreciates a schizophrenic, obscenity-spewing, homeless, Casio-keyboard playing musical genious. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: