Quantcast

Official Covid-19 what are you drinking now..........

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
If it keeps you from having the headache and hangover...

The cheaper the alcohol generally, the more they cut it with sugar to boost the alcohol and the byproducts usually give you the nasty...
I drink too much so i now i dont get hangovers. And try to limit the sugar so good to know. But i should probably try harder to limit the substance abuse.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Just this. Tryna keep that Rona at bay...
View attachment 142765
Obligatory “probiotics dont work” post.
Ok so they work sometimes for some things but theres a lot of strings attached.
According to virologists they certainly dont work against a virus like Covid though.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Popped a bottle of this Friday night while the wife and I zoom chatted with several friends since we can't physically hang out with everyone.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Don’t have to go to work until, uh, who knows when, booze delivery is en route. Giving Jameson Stout cask a try because it’s cheap and I’ve heard good things. Worst case it’ll get mixed with something, and I’ll drink the other 5 bottles also coming in this shipment

My personal favorite buck is a Tijuana Donkey. Similar to your recipe above, but sub in a nice reposado in lieu of the rye.
Give it a try with Mezcal instead of tequila, smokiness with the gingeryness is a good combo.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Obligatory “probiotics dont work” post.
Ok so they work sometimes for some things but theres a lot of strings attached.
According to virologists they certainly dont work against a virus like Covid though.

I am not drinking that for probiotics though. I realize they plaster that all over the container because I guess it sells.
It is a green superfood, and that is why drink it. Just to complete my diet and boost immunity. That said, I ain't taking shots of this and running out licking handrails and shit.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Just cracked a bottle of Teeling Small Batch, worth what I paid, but definitely not worth the $45ish it normally goes for. This particular bottle was bottled in 2016, not sure if my mega discount was due to it being part of a sub-par batch. Flavor profile is very heavy on the Oak, smell is heavy on the Vanilla. No age statement other than that it was finished in rum casks for 6 months, just enough to give it a serious rum essence, but not the smoothness you'd want from a whiskey with actual age on it. One of the bitey-er mid proof whiskeys I've had, 92 proof really shouldn't have this kind of bite IMHO.

That's today's whiskey tasting notes.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Just cracked a bottle of Teeling Small Batch, worth what I paid, but definitely not worth the $45ish it normally goes for. This particular bottle was bottled in 2016, not sure if my mega discount was due to it being part of a sub-par batch. Flavor profile is very heavy on the Oak, smell is heavy on the Vanilla. No age statement other than that it was finished in rum casks for 6 months, just enough to give it a serious rum essence, but not the smoothness you'd want from a whiskey with actual age on it. One of the bitey-er mid proof whiskeys I've had, 92 proof really shouldn't have this kind of bite IMHO.

Not a fan of Teeling.
You pay mostly for the brand name.

If you want a good Irish whiskey go for a bottle of the Greenspot for really good value for money.
Or if you want something really good a bottle of Redbreast.
Their youngest bottle is already great taste and value for money but some of their more aged stuff is simply amazing.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

This bottle of Teeling's my wife picked up last month while in Ireland on business. She went to visit the distillery to see if they possibly can host an event for her company. From what I understand, you can't find this here in the US and only produced in limited batches @ 99 proof. Wife grabbed it for me because its finished in a port cask, and she knows I love port. I think she paid about $90. It's smooth, nice hint of port. I'm really enjoying it.