Quantcast

Official Covid-19 what are you drinking now..........

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I caught a bunch of flak in another thread because I mentioned a buddy brought eggs by the house like, 10 day ago and they he told me on saturday that he probably has teh Cornonas. You're over here having a Highlands swinger party. :rolleyes:

Bad joke was bad and I should feel bad?
Naw - just confused me. And for the record - it was a Zoom "party" which, while it works better than not drinking with friends at all, is a poor substitute for actual human contact. So we were doing the right thing... or at least trying.

On the bright side - my buddy has a huge chunk of cannabutter for me that his neighbor made... so hopefully when all this shit settles I can make some brownies. :brows:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Coffee at the moment, but I made a solid batch of negroni for happy hour yesterday (Sapphire, Campari, and Punt e Mes), followed by some Redbreast for sipping later on.

Happy to report that I've never had that problem with Eagle Rare, it's one of my go-to bourbons.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
A fig/pear IPA, and mango IPA.

I think I might have hit my limit of “supporting” local for this particular brewery for a bit...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Bourbon of some sort tonight, gotta peruse the booze shelf and see what stands out.

Not a fan of Teeling.
You pay mostly for the brand name.

If you want a good Irish whiskey go for a bottle of the Greenspot for really good value for money.
Or if you want something really good a bottle of Redbreast.
Their youngest bottle is already great taste and value for money but some of their more aged stuff is simply amazing.
I wanted to give something from Teeling a try since I didn't get a chance to go to the distillery while I was in Dublin. Figured it should be solid since they weren't distilling their own, just doing barrel selects from others for the longest time, somebody over there ought to know their shit. Really think it was the rum finish combined with the alcohol bite that turned me off, on the upside it wasn't expensive, and it saves me a stop next time I'm in Ireland.

Really like Greespot, but the grocery store doesn't have a great selection of Irish whiskey, trying to minimize the number of places I'm going so I didn't stop at Total Wine like I normally would. Right before SHTF I was at Costco and they had Redbreast 12 on sale $40ish, I hesitated because I had 3 unopened bottles at home already, then changed my mind and was going to grab one since I needed to go back for some other odds and ends, then all hell broke loose and I'm avoiding Costco like the plague. Hoping they still have some after things settle down, they had pallets and pallets in stock, in fact I think Costco may have gotten some kind of exclusive on the 12yr because I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Instacart brought the fail and never delivered my order with the Jameson Stout cask, it's now back to regular price, I like Jameson, but almost $30 seems too steep for Jameson, even if it's in a special cask. I'll give it a try some other time.

A fig/pear IPA, and mango IPA.

I think I might have hit my limit of “supporting” local for this particular brewery for a bit...
Ew, I'm all about supporting local businesses, but that just sounds nasty. Brewers have, for the most part, lost their goddamn minds, you can't just add bullshit to a crappy over-hopped IPA, sell it for $20/4-pack and call it good.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Bourbon of some sort tonight, gotta peruse the booze shelf and see what stands out.

I wanted to give something from Teeling a try since I didn't get a chance to go to the distillery while I was in Dublin. Figured it should be solid since they weren't distilling their own, just doing barrel selects from others for the longest time, somebody over there ought to know their shit. Really think it was the rum finish combined with the alcohol bite that turned me off, on the upside it wasn't expensive, and it saves me a stop next time I'm in Ireland.

Really like Greespot, but the grocery store doesn't have a great selection of Irish whiskey, trying to minimize the number of places I'm going so I didn't stop at Total Wine like I normally would. Right before SHTF I was at Costco and they had Redbreast 12 on sale $40ish, I hesitated because I had 3 unopened bottles at home already, then changed my mind and was going to grab one since I needed to go back for some other odds and ends, then all hell broke loose and I'm avoiding Costco like the plague. Hoping they still have some after things settle down, they had pallets and pallets in stock, in fact I think Costco may have gotten some kind of exclusive on the 12yr because I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Instacart brought the fail and never delivered my order with the Jameson Stout cask, it's now back to regular price, I like Jameson, but almost $30 seems too steep for Jameson, even if it's in a special cask. I'll give it a try some other time.

Ew, I'm all about supporting local businesses, but that just sounds nasty. Brewers have, for the most part, lost their goddamn minds, you can't just add bullshit to a crappy over-hopped IPA, sell it for $20/4-pack and call it good.
It wasn’t quite that expensive but not that far off.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Whelp I killed the bottle of Tanqueray Sevilla, now onto the Bombay Saphire.
But also putting a dent into my beer cellar, had the 2014 Townshend Flemish stout the other night and eying up the Pasteur St Cyclo Stout for tonight, but right now enjoying the hops overdose that is the Boneface "The Unit" IPA.
Started tonight on making a jug of Sangria for tomorrow, using Cognac instead of brandy as that was what I had on hand, got the citrus marinading in that overnight. :)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Whelp I killed the bottle of Tanqueray Sevilla, now onto the Bombay Saphire.
We are stressing our Gin stash, but this is life as usual. Liquor stores as been deemed essential here to limit social unrest.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have a few classics on rotation
1585849220299.png

and I have a brewery in my back yard that accepts on-line orders, and pick-ups from their window.

not pictured is my selection of wines: Cigar Box Pinot Noir from Chile, a couple of Loire reds from from France, and a few Riojas from Spain. The liquor stores here are limiting their hours and the amount of people who can be in the store at any one time. line-ups to get in are kinda long. I think I have two-three more weeks supply.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Some hipster grape-juice and some Drouhin from this week. I really hate the fact that I like Drouhin so much...
juice.png

You all need to drink more wine.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Havana Club is an all-time fave of mine, props for that. It's not available to buy in the US but I make a point of finding some when I travel.

Also working my way through a bottle of Redemption. Agreed, good quality and value.

Anyone have an Infinity Bottle? Interesting idea.