Quantcast

Official Covid-19 what are you drinking now..........

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Okay, I still love the Topo Collins and I’ll fight anyone that denies the science behind why it’s so fucking good...

But considering I’m out of lemons, and gin, and I’m running low on Topo Chico... I’ve no choose but to move on. Typically, I don’t drink sours. But occasionally, they’re a nice change. And when one has been crushing Tom Collins’es all night, a tart beer is the right answer. This thing from Sanitas in Boulder is tart, bit too much. Kind of a starter sour. A My First Sour by Playskool, if you will. Pairs nicely with a deluge of thrash grass and easy drinking enough for a Tuesday night, much less a Saturday.

8D1CC4CF-15C4-4AA5-819B-220A00A7442F.jpeg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Super nice day outside so the lady and I rode bikes to (one of) the local brewery and picked up a 4-pack of 16oz. beers. Stopped at Whole Foods after for some grocery shopping, where we picked up a bottle of high ABV kombucha and a Bomber of sour something or other in addition to food.

I have discovered a variation on the traditional G&T: gin and Topo, as in Topo Chico. Hot Christ that stuff is refreshing and delicious. Thursday I was mixing Bombay Sapphire with the lemon/lime Topo Chico during Shop Night video chat. Twist of lemon, so tasty.

View attachment 143463

Now on the patio having a cocktail. Boozey Booch para ella, Topo Collins para mi. 3oz. Gin, 2oz. fresh squoze lemon, 4-5oz plain Topo Chico, and some amount of agave. So good. Summertime in a glass.
more that dog please

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have previously opined that CODA brews the best fucking beer in Golden, narrowly nudging out Cannonball as my personal favorite. And when I say narrowly, I mean it's real close. CODA probably takes the win because it's closer to my house, and I like the space a little better. I believe @Nick would still put Cannonball at the top of the list.

This particular beer is pretty dang good. Not super bitter, very crisp and more on the "refreshing" end of IPAs. Decent balance. Not a "juicy" sort of deal, and really not super "hazy" either, but whatever. Would be a great choice for a post-ride beverage, sitting on a sunny patio somewhere.

I know I've been accused of dismissing all New England style IPAs, or juicy hazy IPAs, or something, but it's not exactly true. I have certainly grown tired of all the fucking beers that taste like fruit juice being made these days, and just want my beer to taste like... well, beer.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
After destroying gallons of bourbon over the last 4 weeks I've ceased drinking.
I simply don't enjoy drinking anymore.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I have previously opined that CODA brews the best fucking beer in Golden, narrowly nudging out Cannonball as my personal favorite. And when I say narrowly, I mean it's real close. CODA probably takes the win because it's closer to my house, and I like the space a little better. I believe @Nick would still put Cannonball at the top of the list.

This particular beer is pretty dang good. Not super bitter, very crisp and more on the "refreshing" end of IPAs. Decent balance. Not a "juicy" sort of deal, and really not super "hazy" either, but whatever. Would be a great choice for a post-ride beverage, sitting on a sunny patio somewhere.

I know I've been accused of dismissing all New England style IPAs, or juicy hazy IPAs, or something, but it's not exactly true. I have certainly grown tired of all the fucking beers that taste like fruit juice being made these days, and just want my beer to taste like... well, beer.
I do prefer Cannonball, but really like a couple of CODA's beers too just not their sours and hot dog water ales. I'm glad they're open for take out! I thought they closed for the apocalypse.

When will you hear feedback from your interview? Have you followed up already?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I do prefer Cannonball, but really like a couple of CODA's beers too just not their sours and hot dog water ales. I'm glad they're open for take out! I thought they closed for the apocalypse.
Hear, hear.

When will you hear feedback from your interview? Have you followed up already?
I followed up with the recruiter with a thank-you email to pass along to the folks who interviewed me. During my interview, they indicated they were looking to make a decision next week, I was the first of four (4) final interviews they were doing.

Hotdog water ale? Where do I sign up for some of THAT shit?? :rofl:
inorite?