Quantcast

Official Covid-19 what are you drinking now..........

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have a couple of these waiting in my fridge:
View attachment 153485
I've been waiting for the big announcement that I've been working on to crack one open. We're doing a celebratory Zoom call this afternoon after the big push to get it all done, so I'll crack it then. I've recently rediscovered stouts, and only recently discovered Bourbon, so I have high hops for this beer.

(see what I did there?!?!)
Those are usually pretty outstanding and flavorful, but it's a sippy-beer, not a chugger. Our local brewery does high-power ones like that and you can buy a full pint or half, sometimes a half is plenty. You take your time and enjoy it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Those are usually pretty outstanding and flavorful, but it's a sippy-beer, not a chugger. Our local brewery does high-power ones like that and you can buy a full pint or half, sometimes a half is plenty. You take your time and enjoy it.
Yeah... it was not an unmitigated success. It reminded me of a Scotch Ale. Which I'm not generally a fan of. But yeah, maybe it's a question of changing my approach. Perhaps one can would be best suited for two people. It had a very sweet, sticky aftertaste that made it hard to finish. Especially after it warmed up a bit.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
View attachment 156078

this is my latest favorite. lucky for me they are 5 mins from me at work
I transferred a mfg line to a CMO in Derry, and was going there on average two days a week for a few months. Literally drove right by it, but I can't recall a single beer I've had by them that I've liked, and I've tried 6-8 beers of theirs. Odd and a bummer at the same time. Very much love their branding/artwork though.