Quantcast

Official Diablo Countdown Thread....

ride4fun

Monkey
May 23, 2008
Long Island
Just bought my season pass today!! However, i will have to miss opening day - but will be there Sunday with my new Session 88 :monkeydance:

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
I can't wait to get back on my bike it's been too long (nine months). But after going there a couple times snowboarding this year it looks like the trail crew has a lot of work cut out for them to get it ready.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
stellar thread idea dave! haha

speaking of trail work, does anybody know if there is going to be a way to work for your season pass this year building the trails.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Between bikes & my car i'm already in debt for 2009. :twitch:

That one ice-storm did bring down a few more trees up there then normal, nothing a chainsaw & manual labor won't fix. Can't wait to start.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Haven't heard anything from Shawn / Diablo_Freeride in a long time concerning the park. Last year we were getting updates on schedules, races, trailwork and proposed new features throughout the winter. Wonder if anything is in store before May...

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I hope they have a few bigger sized jumps this year, kind of like that step up, or even a little bigger....

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Haven't heard anything from Shawn / Diablo_Freeride in a long time concerning the park. Last year we were getting updates on schedules, races, trailwork and proposed new features throughout the winter. Wonder if anything is in store before May...

Yeah, the Diablo updates have been MIA this winter.....

What's the Dilly, Diablo?

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007
Diablo has a good amount of maintenance due to the ice storm. I would trust most tails have fallen trees in the way. As well the flume drop's transition right up to the drop and angles to the left. I would trust it will take a good amount of work just getting the park operational.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Should be interesting to see the mountain come May. I was hearing that Alpine was pretty ravaged and Flume Drop needs a complete transition; not sure how many are left on the Diablo trail crew these days...

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Well looks like Diablo has been updating their page with information....

March 10, 2009
Diablo Freeride Park is proud to announce our 2009 official sponsor roster!
NEW for 2009! Jamis Mountain Bikes, JBL Audio, Pinkbike.com, Fox Racing Shox, Atomlab and Lizard Skins! Annual trail improvements and fun events are made possible in part by support from our exclusive sponsors.
More information>

March 9, 2009
Spring is in the air and that means one thing! In less than two weeks the Diablo ParkLogic Trail Crew will be back in action and unleashing a mountain of improvements!

Stay tuned for more info regarding new trails, features and events!

March 2, 2009
Registration for the 2009 U.S. Open of Mountain Biking is now open!

Athletes, vendors and media can now register online by visiting the new U.S. Open of Mountain Biking Website. More information>

February 12, 2009
Dates for the 2009 Diablo Gravity Series have been announced!!

In 2009, over $50,000 in cash and prizes is up for grabs and a new Giant Slalom discipline has been added to the series! More information>

Last edited:

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
If my memory serves me correctly, the diablo update threads didn't start until like late march/early april. I guess they have to wait til winter is completely don't before they can start prepping the trails, so I'd imagine they'd have to wait for the snow to melt (if there's still any up there) and for things to dry out a bit.

If we don't get word by mid-april I'll be concerned, but who knows, maybe March has one more snowstorm left.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
:pirate2: Captain Obvious here thinks Diablo_Freeride won't be posting much on RM anymore if Pinkbike is listed as a sponsor for the park next season.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
ive heard that PSP and diablo have reached an agreement and are using the goats to help build the trails
Nooo...

Don't you remember when he was walking his goat "browneye" last year on the trails in the beginning of the season and it broke it's foot in the leaves? They banned all goats from there on out thanks to PSP and his "leaves" thread. duh. They've resorted to bobcat's for their trails now, stupid wildcats.

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007
Vernon is closed for the winter. We are that much closer. South is still open though.