Quantcast

Official Fall Monkeyfest 2011

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My wife Terri finally got the green light from her boss to have this weekend off so she will be coming to Monkeyfest. She doesnt ride but she's obviously looking to do a little hiking with anyone else who wont be riding. We'll figure out some sort of potato salad to make up for Sunday potluck.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
I like all food except for tomato juice, spaghetti squash, and tripe, so I will be happy with whatever everyone else wants. That toscano soup does sound good though!

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
All food choices are fine. The chicken soup was great last year.

Hoping to get up there early enough Saturday to maybe get a night ride in.

I have secured a DH bike to use for the weekend. I am hoping to be riding the lift on Sunday.......

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
All food choices are fine. The chicken soup was great last year.

Hoping to get up there early enough Saturday to maybe get a night ride in.

I have secured a DH bike to use for the weekend. I am hoping to be riding the lift on Sunday.......
A few of us will definitely be riding the lift on Sunday and even maybe Saturday as well. :thumb:

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Mike and I are planning to hit Pine Hill on the way up on Friday. Others are welcome to join us. We will probably be there around 10:00.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well, I'm in. Solo, but I'll bring whiskey for warmth and some kind of side to have with the q. Maybe a deep frier.

And my new 29er.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I just made two batches of sauce for the Que, both are vinegar based (I bought tomato based sauce for those that want it), one is a pretty traditional vinegar sauce, the other I used some of Dr. Gonzo's Message In A Bottle hot sauce instead or regular pepper sauce and we'll call that batch the Melt Your Face version.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
I just made two batches of sauce for the Que, both are vinegar based (I bought tomato based sauce for those that want it), one is a pretty traditional vinegar sauce, the other I used some of Dr. Gonzo's Message In A Bottle hot sauce instead or regular pepper sauce and we'll call that batch the Melt Your Face version.
Who brought that pepper wiskey a few years ago? I know some people liked it even though I thought it felt like my lips were burning off. maybe you serve that up as part of the "Melt Your Face" pork. LOL.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Kingdom Trails
BOOOM!! Just in time for the holiday weekend... NEW TRAIL Eager Beaver!! It's directly across from the bottom of Tody's Tour. Check it out! Everything except the summit trails will be open this weekend, it's looking like a killer stretch of weather. See you up here!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Kingdom Trails
BOOOM!! Just in time for the holiday weekend... NEW TRAIL Eager Beaver!! It's directly across from the bottom of Tody's Tour. Check it out! Everything except the summit trails will be open this weekend, it's looking like a killer stretch of weather. See you up here!
:D SO PUMPED FOR MY FIRST RUN DOWN JESTER :weee:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Kingdom Trails
Okay....I'll ride it :) We're going to be up for a ride on Friday I think too!

:D SO PUMPED FOR MY FIRST RUN DOWN JESTER :weee:
Oh yeah!!! I have a date with Jester that might just last all day!:weee:

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
It's been a while since I've had a Trout River pizza, I might take Becky down there on Friday night. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome.
What time are you heading there? I'm trying to secure last minute plans with the little woman to head up there for a little road trip of sorts. I'd also like to join you guys on the saturday ride.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'll be up on Friday evening. I don't know that I'll get there in time to do much riding, depends on when I leave home. I'm thinking somewhere around 3. I'd be happy to join anybody for dinner or fend for myself if need be.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Last minute reminders:

1) Bring your own Beer/beverages
2) Dinner is on your own on Friday
3) Bring bedding (sleeping bag, twin sheets, blankets, pillow if you want)
4) Bring shower necessities (soap, towel, etc.)
5) Cash or check for cost is fine. Total is $100 per person for the weekend

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
OK, so we are trying to find someone to watch the cats for a night or two. If we can get a last minute sitter we will be heading up there too????? We will glady pay our share if we can make it up there.... if we do, it'll be Fri & Sat only. Let us know if we are too late! ( I am figuring there are enough bunks for all with the head-count in the first post?)

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm pretty sure we can make it work. The cats will be fine on their own, just leave the bag of food open on the kitchen floor and the lid on the toilet up. They can figure the rest out.