Quantcast

Official Hobby Park Dual pics thread

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
post 'em if you got 'em. i had an absolute blast heckling those folks that were beating me :thumb: "if you can't win, at least make the other guy feel bad for beating you" :D

my pics of the dj contest are vid captures so they're not the best quality. i'll make a short vid of all of the dj stuff that i have and post a link soon.

zach w/ a flatty

noah launching the step down (he bugged me to let him "hang out with the guys". he was so stoke to be able to join in on the dj festivities :D

motomike w/ his winning suicide no-handed landing

noah trying to boost off the table

"it's a hip" <---insert high pitch voice here alex

mikedsx with a suicide 1-hander.....and partial bar hump to boot:thumb:

keagan w/ his tobaggon thingy

zach getting flat again

now to the regular pics...
Team Bar-Hump Warrior w/ newest member, Noah "Lil Warrior"

'Lil Warrior

Noah w/ his 1st place earnings :thumb: he even got to race another kid...he hasn't stopped talking about how much fun he had :D

the man of the hour....andy devault. probably has the highest coolness : fastness ratio of anybody i know

andy flying to fast for me to keep up w/ the camera

motomike coming in on peete like a hawk (i think this is same pic that craig posted but from a different angle)

a couple more of noah

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Looks fun guys! Props to Motomike and his suicide no-hander landing, and Team BHW Rider Alex, with his improvised hip. Wish I coulda come out, are there gonna be any more races soon or in the next year? And os Hobby always open?

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
Hobby is open year round - it's just not maintained year round so in between races it gets somewhat run down...

There is "talk/interest" in perhaps getting a "spring" race in order...Motomike mentioned it in passing (nothing serious or for sure at this point) but Moto knows a lot of people and there are some locals who I think would share in logistics etc, IF someone wanted to get a race going?...

danW

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
yup, mike c and i were talking about just that. going to see if we can get official sponsorship backing for a "fall fun race" type of thingy. pretty much just an organized reason to hang out and ride.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
yo manimal,

...I'm willing to help get something organized - no experience in how to, but more than happy to try and help out...just keep me posted...

danW

oh yea, really enjoyed the heckling yesterday - while trailing "Zach the Troll" in the semi's, I was shouting the same stuff ...well at least in my head :rolleyes:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
yup, mike c and i were talking about just that. going to see if we can get official sponsorship backing for a "fall fun race" type of thingy. pretty much just an organized reason to hang out and ride.
A charity race perhaps...I think one of the things that could really help to keep racing alive would be more chill, informal races and contests like Hobby

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
alex, where are all of the pics you took? i have vid of you taking pics of noah. anybody have aaron bulla's contact info? he got the pics of our dual bar hump attempt :D i know there have got to be more pics out there

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I have edited my 4:45 minute video, and I am in the process of uploading it to snowpics.net. It is taking awhile. :angry:

Well, screw that. My dad shut down his computer that I edited it on, and now it wont upload. :mumble: Tomarrow folks, tomarrow.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Hey you got my Lookback, didnt know if you got that or not just when i did it i happen to be looking right at you and saw a camera in hand ! :) assuming thats a vid still tho and if so is it clearer in theactual vid? Looks sweet tho.

In all i had a blast, i told mike c. we should do a series or soemthign that would be cool if not many folks were runnin DS races next year.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
alex, where are all of the pics you took? i have vid of you taking pics of noah. anybody have aaron bulla's contact info? he got the pics of our dual bar hump attempt :D i know there have got to be more pics out there
I shot film, so its gonna be a while

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
downhill66 said:
did anyone get my doubble bar hump over the table. they better have it was the first one id done.

here's a still from your double hump over the step down. i did a lower quality vid capture of that one that i can email you. i'll get the full size stuff up later this week in a vid.

pm'ing you my addy if you want the vid clip of that.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
if anybody has any decent vid that they want included in my edited hobby race vid, pm me and i'll send you my email addy. i'd like to have it done by the end of next week. i'll also be including pics from here and others i receive if that is ok with the respective photographers. if you do not want the pics you've posted in here in my vid, let me know and i won't put them in.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
....more pics courtesy of peete. i think there are a lot more but these are all that went through to my email.

pete jr smokin' it

noah way ahead of his competition and loving it :thumb: :D

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
Wow Brandon - you finally landed the lip to air to spine mount :thumb:
excellent job...

...was it scary hitting all the remaining jumps mounted on that dudes shoulders?...

danW

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
ok...here are the bulk of the pics from peete:

a better shot of the hawk coming in for landing.....or more like a 747 on a cesna runway :D so much for the -low and fast- racer style ;)
i make the coolest "corky" faces :thumb:

the trifecta bar-hump....too bad that one didn't come out. i know aaron bulla got a shot of that.......

ok, no commentary for the rest:

love this pics of zach

that's all i've got folks....post 'em if you got 'em

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
HAHA yes i even made it in a few (kid on the sidelines with sandels and a black shirt), i got the most crap ive ever gotten that day..(for good reasons

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
ZachTheMech said:
Helmets are good !
They save the lives of cyclists all across the world, that is, the ones that are smart enough to wear one to begin with.

Buck, you were on the sidelines? I figured you'd be trying some new trick out there.