Quantcast

Official Jackal Pic/Feedback Thread

IHardtail

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
OK, so here is the deal.
I have a sweet Jackal and would like to keep Pimping it out, probably as well as other owners.
I was thinking that anyone who has a Jackal post pics of it and that way we can see what looks tight and would like to incorporate.
Also feel free to leave constructive comments on pics -- saying for example (you should put a white LG 1 instead of the guide you got now)

My bike is at the bike shop now and will be coming on Friday (I am adding a couple of things) but as soon as it is out, I will take and post pics.

IHardtail

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
http://ihardtail.pinkbike.com/album/My-Sexy-Bike/
Here is how my bike is now.

After it comes from the bike shop, it will have an X-7 shifter, X-7 Derrailleur, 203mm front rotor, Sram 9 speed Cassette and Sram 9 speed chain (I will get pics up as soon as I get it back).

I want to turn it more into an FR bike
Here are my future plans-
- 150mm Manitou Travis (white-possibly)
- (E-13 LG1 (white)

If you guys have any suggestions on what else I should put or have a Jackal pic feel free to post it up.

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
My bike is also fairly "pimp" but currently I feel it lacks in the "tight" department. I do hope to counter this however within a fortnight, at which time I shall be receiving some "cheddar".

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My bike is also fairly "pimp" but currently I feel it lacks in the "tight" department. I do hope to counter this however within a fortnight, at which time I shall be receiving some "cheddar".
what ever will you do with yourself in the hellish conundrum that exists until your cheese arrives?

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
what ever will you do with yourself in the hellish conundrum that exists until your cheese arrives?
My bike will sadly not be living up to its full pimptential until the aforementioned cheddar stacks come into my possession. In the meantime I hope to persevere on my riding style.

IHardtail

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
" i suggest riding it...that is the most pimptastic thing out there..."

Trust me, I do ;)

I like what you did with your bike r464
Very versatile, none-the-less, keeping i sexy.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I've tried it with a rigid fork, a DJ3, and a Talas 32. The Talas at 130mm has been the longest fork I have tried on the Jackal frame.

The DMR cranks are just bombproof. Combined with the Jackal frame, I think that it can take just about anything.