Quantcast

*** official midweek gmt ***

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Got a good night ride in with the pup and a couple buddies. It was sloppy but not terrible--I have to think that riding wet roots and shit in the dark must hone some type of useful bike handling skill. In other words, I'm pretty sure I'll ride like Bryceland by winters end :cool: Hoping to be more consistent about sneaking out after kids are down for the count.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Feeling it this morning. going to be a light day on the legs but heavy on the weight lifting tonight. Shitstorm at work yesterday, hopefully if all got hosed down the drain and I just need to only deal with the usual BS. Wife is still sick and working from home again today.

Not even a 1/4 of the way though my cup of coffee and I am wired. WIN

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Coffee, then ski tour, then some work and some job hunting. Managed to cobble together some bindings for my Big Skis™ through several CL transactions, looking forward to getting that all together and maybe skiing them Bad Larrys in T-Ride this weekend. Because I have to go down there for work. Yeah... that's it. Work.

Speaking of ski tour... time to read the avy report.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, my beautiful friends. I swam before work. 2400 yards.

14,000 W2's covering nine companies and nearly a billion dollars in wages have been reconciled, printed, and ready to mail. Stick a fockin' fork in me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Woke up late, pulled something new in my back, had an uneventful first thing meeting, now I am in need of something way stronger than coffee. On a lighter note, it is hump day. While my morning has had its share of issues, I honestly have a lot to be grateful for. But better coffee would be a nice touch, just sayin. With any luck, I could get a raise and maybe even see some of it.

I did set up a recurring donation to GFF's pyramid scheme. Company is doing 100% match for all donations this year, so I need to take advantage of that.

<edit> And for those that don't know, GFF has been running at 100% of the money donated goes directly in support of the vets he serves. I'm on the board, I've seen his figures. He does a lot with grants and sponsors, too.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i sometimes daydream of having a president who just shuts his fucking mouth and the only time i hear from him is at the state of the union speech...i dont want to hear from him on twitter...not on snl or late night talk shows....dont even do a press conference....just shut your fucking mouth.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Countdown to a busy weekend and think 'lil one got me sick, yay.

Sat = longish drive to an indoor BMX race (non-heated tho) and Sun/Mon = indoor water park. Hopefully I'm not spewing phlegm the whole time.

EDIT: finally talked my bud into doing a Peckakucha presentation on us watching one of our childhood bands implode in 1986 - me on the 1st day of their US tour in NY and him in SF on their last day. Our backstory is here:
http://theappendix.net/issues/2013/7/rules-of-the-tribe-hardcore-punks-and-hair-metal-in-the-1980s

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
They are demo'ing the bathrooms next to my carpeted cell and let me tell you, it's mighty hard to concentrate when it sounds like Thor is going to town with his hammer in there.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
They are demo'ing the bathrooms next to my carpeted cell and let me tell you, it's mighty hard to concentrate when it sounds like Thor is going to town with his hammer in there.
They've been building a 42 story condo tower on top of the back half of our building for the past 18 months. If the sound of concrete pumping during the first half of construction didn't make you insane, the drilling out of the elevator shaft during the second half did. Even though all that crap was far, far away, it sounds like it's right above your damn office. They've gotta be close to done now, since occupancy starts in a month or two . . .

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Had to slam my brakes at a green light, because a cyclist decided to blow through his red. Best part is that he had been stopped at the corner, as I was approaching.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Anybody ever finished a basement? We're looking at a place that fits most of our criteria less a bedroom, but has an unfinished basement. Anybody ever finished out a basement? How much does something like that cost?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Anybody ever finished a basement? We're looking at a place that fits most of our criteria less a bedroom, but has an unfinished basement. Anybody ever finished out a basement? How much does something like that cost?
Depends on how unfinished it is to start and how finished you want it in the end, I guess. If it is a glorified crawl space, you have your work cut out. I helped a friend turn his basement into two bedrooms and a master shower. He did 90% of the work and spent about $20k.

I know it paid off because he went from a 2 bed, 1 bath to 4 bed and 2 bath and almost doubled his sqft.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Depends on how much marble and gold plate you use. 5K or less for a bathroom. Maybe $40 a square foot for everything else.