Quantcast

Official PA Shuttler Thread

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Hey all,

Please use this thread for all inquirys, questions, or whatevers.

Remember any time there is an ODS event the Redlion offers discounted rates for attendees, just mention the event when booking.

www.redlion.com/portangeles 360-452-9215

Camping-

Salt Creek Campground approx. 6 miles (recommended)
www.clallam.net/countyparks/html/parks_saltcreek.htm
360-928-3441

Elwah Dam RV Park approx. 1.5 miles
360-452-7054

Whiskey Creek Beach approx. 10 miles
360-928-3489

View attachment 94290

We have a new dual slalom course that Lars and I sessioned top to bottom last night! Some new DH trails, and the dirt has been absolutely chronic! (can you tell I'm lovin it!). Hope everyone can make it. It will be a great way to kick off the season and for the racers a great way to pre-ride some Fluidride Cup sickness!

Cheers,
Olympic Dirt Society

www.olympicdirtsociety.blogspot.com
olympicdirtsociety@yahoo.com

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
The first campsite (I called) and they said that all reservations must be made 14 days prior to arrival. I counted and we are 11 days out :)

Whatever happened to the spirit of...show up, pitch a tent (yeah yeah) and sleep?

That's it...we are camping on the DS course.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
The first campsite (I called) and they said that all reservations must be made 14 days prior to arrival. I counted and we are 11 days out :)

Whatever happened to the spirit of...show up, pitch a tent (yeah yeah) and sleep?

That's it...we are camping on the DS course.
Sorry there will be no onsite camping.

The Salt Creek Campground is a very large campground, that I can almost guarantee will not be full this time of year. I have just shown up and camped too many times to count, so it should still be a very solid option for those camping.

ODS

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
these new dh courses gonna be served for the fluidride cup?

last time i was talkin to zeb it sounded like they wanted to use a new course and not the same one that use to be run for the old races at PA

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
these new dh courses gonna be served for the fluidride cup?

last time i was talkin to zeb it sounded like they wanted to use a new course and not the same one that use to be run for the old races at PA
Well, unless you're going to cut an all new course in 4 weeks, I think we are racing on existing trails. That said, the only trails ever raced are The Knuck and Pro. Plenty of options left.

ICE

Chimp
Jun 5, 2006
I know who you are... and what you drive (a primered camaro)...

I'm stoked to follow your Mullet down the hill...

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Something new....that would be a nice suprize. Come out a little further west for some fatty runs..if you know. Forks is whassup, rain-forrest rippin! Yeah I'm gettin all cryptic like you I-90 fa$s.

Just pitchin' s***. I'll be there, ripping my new Trek Session 10, not that you need any more than a 4-inch for those bunny runs. I've slammed chicks with bigger gaps than Dry Hill!! Gotta break'er in anyhow.

Look me up and MAYBE I'll hook a few lucky ones up for some private rip sessions.

Last shuttle day was some sick bi*** viewing. Last time I was shoppin' this time I'm buyin', so watch your girlfriends...

I'm out.

Later F***wads
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a true man right here. He'll be easy to recognize at the shuttler; he'll be the one wearing the beer hat and classic black and white t-shirt of two lesbians kissing.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Sorry there will be no onsite camping.

The Salt Creek Campground is a very large campground, that I can almost guarantee will not be full this time of year. I have just shown up and camped too many times to count, so it should still be a very solid option for those camping.

ODS
word. I really do not want to catch the 710 ferry from Edmonds (that is way too early) so showing up and camping will be good enough for me :)

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Well, unless you're going to cut an all new course in 4 weeks, I think we are racing on existing trails. That said, the only trails ever raced are The Knuck and Pro. Plenty of options left.
It will be a mix of some old and some new, with two different courses for beg to sport and exp to pro. Every PA race will have a different course each event. We are really trying to mix it up and do things right to ensure for a healthy NW series, something we have been missing for far too long. By the shuttle day we should have the race courses set, so racers will know what to get dialed in, along with riding everything else, cause it is hitting!

Tyler, I dont think I've seen you out in a while, things have deffinantly changed, and some new trails have sprouted, along with a new slalom course that your rail will be lovin!

Casey
ODS

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I'll be there on sunday! Can't wait, praying for dry weather. l

On another note, the people at the Red Lion didn't really know much about the event / discount. Still made the reservations, but just wanted to clarify that there was a discount for staying there?

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
So is Saturday a work day and Sunday the shuttle day? I've only got Saturday open and want to ride...
I exchanged emails, looks like Sat is work day with riding for workers in the late afternoon. Sunday is full shuttle day.

LeroyJenkins

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
I'm coming over early Sunday morning from North Bend, if 1 person needs a lift, I have a rack for 2 bikes. PM me.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
Unless it's been completely rebuilt in the past couple years, avoid staying in that old former state park now county or city operated public campground. You have been warned...

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Should be there Saturday to build and maybe ride... Few runs on Sunday if energy is still there.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
The weather has been fantastic the last couple of days! The ODS crew has been on the hill everyday for the last couple weeks overhauling and fine tuneing for your pleasure (and ours of course)! Everyone should be in for a nice treat this weekend, so bring whatever bike works and prepare for a full stoke!

Cheers, ODS

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I'll be there on sunday! Can't wait, praying for dry weather. l

On another note, the people at the Red Lion didn't really know much about the event / discount. Still made the reservations, but just wanted to clarify that there was a discount for staying there?
Sorry about the delay in reply here. There was a little mix up in communcation, all sorted now. If you've already made reservations, simply call them and they will honor the discount.

Prices are 96.00 no view 106.00 water view

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I can't ride Sunday, but would like to on Saturday. Anyone that is going to be over there and wants to shuttle PM me.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I can't ride Sunday, but would like to on Saturday. Anyone that is going to be over there and wants to shuttle PM me.

Sorry to say the shuttling will be very limited on Saturday. There will be a few runs for people who come out and help with trail work, but you must be registered for Sunday, and have a waiver signed. Also, we can't let any non-event traffic past the powerlines.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
ODS

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Sorry to say the shuttling will be very limited on Saturday. There will be a few runs for people who come out and help with trail work, but you must be registered for Sunday, and have a waiver signed. Also, we can't let any non-event traffic past the powerlines.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
ODS
what time do you guys plan on starting trail work Sat?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
We will be on the hill by 9:00am.

Are both Mutaris' shred ready?

ODS
That would be a no! Ethan isn't ready with his knee. He hopes to be able to at least make the first race. (Fingers crossed).

I'll be there with work clothes and bike! :happydance:

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Sorry to say the shuttling will be very limited on Saturday. There will be a few runs for people who come out and help with trail work ODS
I sent an email and have yet to hear back. Myself and a friend will be there for sure Saturday to help with trail work. What time are people meeting? And should the gate be open so we can drive up past the 4x course? Hope someone can bring an extra shovel for me I don't have a shovel attachment on my rack (yet)

Also if we are already ODS members does the waiver we signed when we joined cover this time or should I make sure to sign before I ride this weekend?

Can't wait! see you guys on saturday

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I sent an email and have yet to hear back. Myself and a friend will be there for sure Saturday to help with trail work. What time are people meeting? And should the gate be open so we can drive up past the 4x course? Hope someone can bring an extra shovel for me I don't have a shovel attachment on my rack (yet)

Also if we are already ODS members does the waiver we signed when we joined cover this time or should I make sure to sign before I ride this weekend?

Can't wait! see you guys on saturday
We will be up there by 9am to start setting up. The gate will be open but you need to park by the 4cross couse because only event vehicles are allowed to go up the hill. There should be a few extra tools around, but anyone that can bring their own, please do so.

The ODS waiver doesn't cover this event, but sign-up is painless. When you get here, sign-up for Sunday and you'll sign a fresh, event specific waiver.

See ya soon.
ODS

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Sweet! I love waivers :)

Sorry I really really would bring tools if I could fit them in my car. Next time I will find a way to attach the shovels to my roof rack promise! We won't be there at 9 but will try to make it before noon.

If I really needed too I could probably bring my small chainsaw. If I hear back tonight I may be able to grab it if it would be useful.

LeroyJenkins

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
Awesome time. Thanks to the trail builders, shuttle drivers, cooks, organizers for the best 25.00 I've spent in a long time. If you had a chairlift and 10 more trails I'd buy a season pass. Enjoyed all the trails.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
That was ****ing awesome today. Great event and props to the cooks for the delicious burgers.