Quantcast

Official RM Gravity Fed Interbike Thread

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

LOL...

... I guess they figure everyone at I-Bike pretty much knows anyway... :biggrin:

Brandon - how's the new guy working out? :biggrin:

To answer a previous question - technically Sa.. -I mean THAT bike is actually ON Maxxis tires because Maxxis produces tires for Spesh so they should be some pretty good treads and tire compounds.

EDIT: Whoops - Fraser already covered the tire thing... didn't recognize it 'cause I use "Spesh" to refer to Specialized Bikes in shorthand whereas Fraser calls them "Spec"... wacky Canadians and there spelling.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Why do I seem to be the only one to see these as entry-level body armour?
They look cheap, bulky, awkward, elastic-banded and damn ugly.
Kind like old-school Dainese...
Yeah, I'm with you guys on this. The base material looks nowhere near as ventilated as Dainese, and I really loathe this recent move to a two piece plastic shoulder cup, as shown here and on the short sleeved Dainese jacket. They end up sitting very high and feel very bulky in use, and I really don't see a need to extend the hard plastic cup down the arm like that.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yeah, I'm with you guys on this. The base material looks nowhere near as ventilated as Dainese, and I really loathe this recent move to a two piece plastic shoulder cup, as shown here and on the short sleeved Dainese jacket. They end up sitting very high and feel very bulky in use, and I really don't see a need to extend the hard plastic cup down the arm like that.
The material is actually nicer than dainese in my opinion, and I am a big fan of dainese. It is a wicking material, the same sort f stuff that the summer under armour is made out of. Extremely comfortable against the skin.

The backplate comes out and then you can just toss it in the washer and have no more stinky armour either. I can see it becoming THE standard after they ramp thing sup in 2010.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA

look just north east of the black pivot.

I'm sure it's *just paint* or something.
it IS 'just paint', basically.

the line you see looks to be the circumference of the pivot placed into the swingarm that has been painted over. you can see it on the left side of the pivot as well, right above the brake line.

der der der!! :biggrin:

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
It is a wicking material, the same sort f stuff that the summer under armour is made out of. Extremely comfortable against the skin.
Which could also read. same stuff as spandex, doesn't breathe as well as mesh so you'll cook on hot humid days.

The backplate comes out and then you can just toss it in the washer and have no more stinky armour either. I can see it becoming THE standard after they ramp thing sup in 2010.
Sounds like my rock gardn armor for half the price.

I dig the foam tech in them but I feel armor is just contributes to keeping the road rash off me.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
if you look on the left leg of the mannequin, you can see an upper strap that goes around the leg.

check it:
And this is why every single knee/shin pad made by a mountain bike company sucks ass.

That little top strap is never going to be what holds a pad in place when you stuff your knee into something at speed.

The mtb pad companies have a lot to learn from skateboard pads. TLD was getting there at one point but then fvcked that up just like everyone else when they quit using a rigid calf strap.

Hell that stuff is practically already falling off that mannequin. Look how flimsy that knee cup fits.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Which could also read. same stuff as spandex, doesn't breathe as well as mesh so you'll cook on hot humid days.

Sounds like my rock gardn armor for half the price.

I dig the foam tech in them but I feel armor is just contributes to keeping the road rash off me.
Apparently you have never worn under armour. Not even close to spandex. Not hot and it is a wicking material. I have worn under armour sine about 1993 for football track and cycling.