Quantcast

Official Spring Shuttler Day....P.A. Style!

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Dude, is that Sam Hill? Is he coming to PA?

It'll be a rockin' good time. We're going to have lots of bikes to demo out. Not exactly sure what will be in the quiver yet, but there will for sure be Sundays for people to ride! Red Bull anyone?

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
yeah, thats a good idea. I think that I may be going to evan and tyler cause I'm sure tyler will want to go and will be willing to drive but If not ill let you know. Are you going for the both days or just the shuttle day?

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
fluidride demo bikes: check
redbull: check

sounds fun. Jerry, are you guys doing a clinic that day?

brakecheck

Chimp
Nov 28, 2006
olympia,wa
there's a good group of guys coming from olympia to ride, some have been before and are excited that the shuttle days are here again...-brakecheck:cheers:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Jerry, are you guys doing a clinic that day?
As far as I know we won't be doing any clinics, due to the amount of people that will be there riding. It would just be too busy I think to do anything worth while.

We'll have sundays for all to ride though! Most likely some Kamicho's and maybe some 7 points, maybe some 6points as well. Not sure what the quiver will be holding, but it should be good!

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I need some advice, if I was thinking of coming from Vancouver, what would the quickest/cheapest way be? The ferry to Port Angeles from Victoria is pretty pricy and it's pricy to get from Vancouver over there.... how much are the ferrys from the Edmonds to Kingston?

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
Just come down I-5 and take the Edmonds to Kingston ferry, its like 10 bucks or so for car and driver and 3 or 4 bucks for passengers. You also only pay for passengers going to Kingston, coming back to Edmonds passengers are free. After the ferry its just a little over an hour and your in P.A.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Yep, just check it. That's cheap! Cheaper than BC ferries by a long way. You may well see me there. I've heard a lot about the riding in PA and this is a good excuse to check it out.

Jon.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
yea, god im getting excited for this, last time i was in PA in august the trails were super sketched out, dusty and we were hiking. \but this one should be fun, it should be my first ride since October :)

but man. . . breaking bones sucks dick :(

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Just come down I-5 and take the Edmonds to Kingston ferry, its like 10 bucks or so for car and driver and 3 or 4 bucks for passengers. You also only pay for passengers going to Kingston, coming back to Edmonds passengers are free. After the ferry its just a little over an hour and your in P.A.
Right... but just a heads up - over 7 feet high and they ding you with "overheight" which doubles the base rate. That is lame if you've got a roof rack. I think I've slipped through without paying the extra before, but it sucks when they enforce it.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
hopefully some one over here at school will want to road trip with me. Been atleast a year since i rode pa its fun.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Right... but just a heads up - over 7 feet high and they ding you with "overheight" which doubles the base rate. That is lame if you've got a roof rack. I think I've slipped through without paying the extra before, but it sucks when they enforce it.
Same with BC ferries, I'll stick the bike in the trunk for that drive, it'll cut down on the gas too.

Anyone go photo's of the trails so I can get my stoke on too?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Ehh, i can handle PA, even with being off the bike 5 months. its not like 38 where if you fall to you right you fall down a cliff. but there are a few skethc sections were if you do fall, your pretty F'ed
Sounds like you're not shredding enough gnar! Haha! Most of P.A. really isn't that bad. White knuckles could cause some hurt because you're going 35 most of the time. Limbo is pretty tame, though there's 2 or 3 spots where if you dont' make the turn, you're going way down the hill. Railage is sick, but has some parts that can be sketch if you're not used to tight turns down a steep face. Pro course can catch you off guard for sure. It's a sicks trail, but there are some sketch sections if you're not on your game. The goal of pro course is to clean the rock face drop to drop to off camber log to tight right to left turn over off camber roots to roll down... You know the one I mean!

P.A. is sick, and i can't wait to get back out there!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
The goal of pro course is to clean the rock face drop to drop to off camber log to tight right to left turn over off camber roots to roll down... You know the one I mean!
oh yea, thats with the like 2-3 foot drop, thats on a hairpin right turn right? if you dont turn as you drop off, see you about 50ft down the hill, haha. then the drop to drop after it definetly gets your blood goin, especially when wet or dusty! super fun, sketch, gnar section

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
yes tylers goin i get to go!!!
pa is so sick.
harry just heads up tylers gonna want like 10 bucks gas money at least, but ten bucks is like nothing compared to the fun of pa.

woot woot

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
yes tylers goin i get to go!!!
pa is so sick.
harry just heads up tylers gonna want like 10 bucks gas money at least, but ten bucks is like nothing compared to the fun of pa.

woot woot
thats cool, when is he getting his fork back? and when are you getting yours

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Just to let everyone know Monster Energy will be coming out to Dry Hill for the event with tons of product and swag for the riders who will be attending. They will be set up with the Cannondale riders at their tent so stop by and check it out!

Props to Casey and Jason for putting this thing on. Rain or shine lets make sure we all attend to show our support of Washingtons best DH venue!

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
Actually.....Scott Tucker, aka "tuckya'in" is a major player with me in the organizing of this and my partner in the OLYMPIC DIRT SOCIETY. Not to take away from good ole' big Jase's hard work on dryhill. Just wanted to give credit where credits due.

Casey

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
I take 101 from Olympia because its a nice road, but the freeway to Tacoma and then cut over HWY 16 may be a little quicker?? If you come up the day before, check out the Red Lion for a room deal. Also there is a movie event/party the night before at the hotel. More to come.