Quantcast

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
FYI, we'll be arriving in East Burke sometime around 12:00-1:00 Friday and will be looking to ride upon arrival. :)
&

I'm sure we'll be riding, try calling my cell phone to see where we are.
We'll let you guys know what we decide to do. If we head toward KT I would think that we would be getting into town around the same time. ALTHOUGH, we are playing around with the idea of going to Hill Farmstead Brewery and picking up some of their stuff before we ride on Friday. They are only open Tues-Sat 12-5... we went on Sat about 3 weeks ago - got there at 2:30 and one of their kegs had just kicked. (They don't re-tap on Sat.) We would like to avoid the same fate this time around.

IN!

Me, Wife and daughter

We will not be staying at the lodge but a B&B in the center of Burke.

will be arriving Friday Morning
YAY!!!!!!!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Crombie and I will be driving up on Thursday night after work so wont get to East Burke until after midnight due to the long drive. We'll be staying through Sunday afternoon.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It wasn't last year. Last year I rode in a XC helmet and no pads. Even on knightslayer. This year they might have wised up, but so much of the lift trails (I think at least 50%) are not really "dh" that I can't see them doing it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well neither the Burke website nor the KT website mention that you need DH gear for the lift access trails, so I won't bother packing it. Even the pics that are posted show riders in your basic XC gear.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well that's sketchy....after filling it all out, it looks like it's for ONE lift RIDE....not a day pass. That's BS. I'll print it out anyways, but I don't know if I'd bother if I hadn't already!

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I doubt they would offer a free lift pass to anyone who prints a coupon and buys a KT day pass the opportunity to go up the lift if it wasn't "cross country" friendly.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I just got word that Matt has to back out, but he said that he will send a check with me for his portion. Just let me know the amount.

Matt may join us for Thursday and Friday but I'm not holding my breath.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll just charge for the lodging as I haven't bought food yet and I'll figure out a total this weekend and send it along to you early next week. See you soon!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Quick Question!!!! Please respond ASAP!!!!

Are there any dietary restrictions I need to know about? Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free etc?

I'm working on the menu and hoping to post up a draft later today.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.

Are there any dietary restrictions I need to know about? Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free etc?

Vegetables are what food eats, make mine with bacon.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.

I can't eat onions... I know that sounds weird but it's the truth. If you make something with onions then just leave them big enough that I can pick em out.

Also wrap everything in bacon if at all possible :)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Finally cleared up some details. I'll be there to ride on Saturday. Wife and I are driving up Fri. evening and leaving early Sun. morning (won't be staying at the lodge).

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Heh, just realized that rhymes with your dad.

Maybe Heather's friend Ali and her new man friend. He rides lots of road and should be fun to drag down the mountain. As I remember it you guys got on famously. This could be fun.

Ho-tel tonight. Shower after Whiteface was the most amazing thing.