Quantcast

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Welcome to the official “Summer Monkeyfest 2011” Thread!

I apologize for the delay in scheduling, but we are confirmed from August 4-8th (which coincides with the Burke Bike n’ Brewfest)!!!:cheers:

First thing you need to do is confirm space, there are beds for 22 so it’s a “first-committed first-served basis”. This only guarantees you a bunk…it’s not middle school so I don’t assign beds…you get to choose yours when you arrive. There is also space in the family room area and the loft for air mattresses and/or cots, so we can actually accommodate about 25-30 people total.

We’ve got the Algonquin Lodge reserved for arrival on Thursday, August 4th after 2pm and staying through Monday, August 8th (departing at noon). I will have a more exact cost closer to the date (once grocery shopping is complete) but it’s usually around $75 for the weekend and that includes your lodging and food.
In terms of food:
• Thursday dinner = potluck
• I will be including Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and Breakfast on Monday in the cost of the lodge.
• I will also be bringing Clif & LUNA Minis and various snack foods (included in the overall cost).
• Bring your own beer and/or other beverages to share. As in the past, I will have coffee, OJ, and lemonade mix.

By confirming in this thread, you are committed to paying for your space. Cancellations made more than 3 weeks in advance will require a nominal fee (vs. the full amount) unless we are able to fill the space. I’ll keep this post updated with the confirmed attendees and other details as we get closer to the date.

Questions?

Confirmed:
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl (Th-M)
IAB & MBC (F-Su*)
sandwich (Sa-Su)
mudgirl (Th-Su)
jbp (Th-Su**)
Greggah (Th-Su)
BadDNA (Th-M)
woody & Heather (+2?)
D2/Laudy (Th-M)
Yelo/Melou and a bun in the oven
Cromby1
Iceball585
OopsWrongWay (th-M)
splat +2 *
DNA +1 *(ride only)

* beets suck and not staying at lodge
** maybe Monday...

Last edited by a moderator:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
6 1/2 hours for me... hmmmm....
You'll totally have a blast and if you need a mid-way stopping point, I have a big house and you're welcome to crash on Wednesday night and/or Monday night!
Actually, we'll likely ride somewhere in the middle (Pine Hills Park in Rutland or Millstone) on the way up on Thursday which brakes up the car part nicely.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You'll totally have a blast and if you need a mid-way stopping point, I have a big house and you're welcome to crash on Wednesday night and/or Monday night!
Actually, we'll likely ride somewhere in the middle (Pine Hills Park in Rutland or Millstone) on the way up on Thursday which brakes up the car part nicely.
It's 6.5 hours for me, too, and I've done it three times now. Stop with the excuses. ;)

Like Treesaw said, a riding stop in the middle makes it much more bearable.

COUNT ME IN!!!! Arriving Thursday... leaving Sunday

my vacation time is limited this year...

time off for Pro GRT this weekend.

Time off for Windham world cup.

few half days here and there for other races.

possibly going to nationals in sept in the carolinas.

the big one is ~2 weeks in belgium this fall. my sister just took a new job and is living/working there.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I need a new saddle and a light before this trip. I know I've been saying this for 3 years running, but I have funds this time. Anyone have a used light they want to unload?

Edit: nevermind, MAGICSHINE!!

Last edited:

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Technically, we will not be attending... however, we may pop by the lodge & maybe ride a few trails w/yous guys... because it looks as if there is a mighty good chance we'll be up there that weekend too. Just sleeping elsewhere. If we do go, we'll still bring the inflatable monkey. :)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
just a thought- maybe we should post this up in the DH forum, and offer it as a jumping off point for a trip to bromont.

they might be too busy talking about yaw and shimz though...

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
I am 90% sure that I will be attending Thursday through Sunday and with two friends (Laudy, who some of you know, and Matt, who is new to Monkeyfest but will fit in just fine and is a good rider). We are planning to hit Millstone on the way up on Thursday if anyone would like to join us. Dibs on the deck for outdoor sleeping!

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Kind of forget to post...

We should be there from sometime friday to sunday.

We'll be ok with sleeping in the loft as always.

And if somebody want's to ride with Melou this year, that would be great since even the social group might be a bit too much for her....

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Kind of forget to post...

We should be there from sometime friday to sunday.

We'll be ok with sleeping in the loft as always.

And if somebody want's to ride with Melou this year, that would be great since even the social group might be a bit too much for her....

I'll bring the fire wood. I hear it gets cold in the loft...:rofl:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I cant get any days off - would a Fri night to Sunday morning stay be the same price ($75) as a Thurs-Monday stay, or is their a discount?

ps: I am leaving for Kingdom in 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I cant get any days off - would a Fri night to Sunday morning stay be the same price ($75) as a Thurs-Monday stay, or is their a discount?

ps: I am leaving for Kingdom in 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!
Last year was the first time we did multiple stays and I discounted for those who weren't in for the extra days....I hope to do the same this year too!