Quantcast

OGK CARBON DH Helmets-D2 killer....

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I have had mine for about a month now...just too lazy to upload some pics. It is a pretty sweet helmet. Nice and light. Coolmax in the padding. Goggles fit in them nicely too. Sweet ass carrying case also with the Minaar replica. Something different to all the TLD lids out there I guess. I have two of them in medium. I think I can actually get more of them in both medium and large sizes (GM Replica ones). Pricing would probably be about $350 USD ($400 Canadian). If anyone is interested I can see if they are still available. I'll post some pics in a bit.....my pc is being fussy.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
julian_dh said:
...stiff as a tld.
Not knocking the TLD's but a local hero guy ran the D2's (the carbon TLD's anyways) and he had like 5 concussions in 4 years. After every one the helmet looked like it was still good? Isn't the idea for the helmet to take the shock? I would think stiff is the opposite of what you would want. He rides Snell or DOT moto helmets now. I think they are still TLD's though.
As for OGK, if they are the people that used to make the Qranc helmets I'd like a white one all cue ball like please. Give me the removeable (read easily washable) pads anyday. My buddy absolutely shattered one in a pretty bad crash but his melon was a-ok. I got rid of mine after about 4 years but I don't (knock on wood) crash a lot.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
I have a gm replica also on order and they look awesome in the pics but i didnt know that they came witha carry bag like that.It should protect the helmet pretty well when its in transport

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
JohnnyBoyDH said:
I have had mine for about a month now...just too lazy to upload some pics. It is a pretty sweet helmet. Nice and light. Coolmax in the padding. Goggles fit in them nicely too. Sweet ass carrying case also with the Minaar replica. Something different to all the TLD lids out there I guess. I have two of them in medium. I think I can actually get more of them in both medium and large sizes (GM Replica ones). Pricing would probably be about $350 USD ($400 Canadian). If anyone is interested I can see if they are still available. I'll post some pics in a bit.....my pc is being fussy.
hey man could u take a picture of the inside of that? i'm curious to see how similar it is to a D2...and just out of curiosity, if u have tried on the D2 before, how does it fit compared to it? similar?

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
JohnnyBoyDH,
Can you get a plain one in XL/XXL, I have e-mailed at least 10 places overseas including OGK and they have all shot me down on shipping me one. I would really like just the plain Carbon Fiber plus one in Large as well.
Thanks,
Chris