Quantcast

oh awesome...thanks NYS po-lice

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
[RANT]
So yesterday afternoon, while driving home from a weekend at plattekill, I stopped to check out a classic audi I was interested in buying. The car has a performance exhaust that's loud but not obnoxious... I look the car over, and we go for a test ride up the country road about a mile- mile and a half. He's driving, so I ask him to pull over and let me drive back. Sure enough, on the return trip, about a half a mile from his house, a trooper passes us and makes a quick u-turn. Two seconds later, lights flashing. He f*cks with us for a while, it's discussed that it's not my car, we're just down the road from the dudes house...but apparently the car isn't inspected. SWEET. The officer goes back to his car and comes back with two tickets, one for the muffler and one for the failed inspection.

Now I know that, technically, I was the operator of the vehicle, and yeah, it was out of inspection, but seriously? Two tickets for a car that isn't mine, and that I can't technically fix? Are you kidding me? He must have been bored or something. I know the law is there for a reason, but come on...that's such crap. [/RANT]

:crazy:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah, as much of a dick as the guy was for giving me the tickets, he basically told me how to get out of the muffler one, and the inspection one I think I can fight...so the officer basically gave me a lot of stress and that's about it...but hopefully I'll be successful with a not guilty plea.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Headlights flashing me
It's the New York State Police
Slow down buddy, pull over there
Where you come from, are you putting me on
Come on boys let's go downtown

82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys
We're the boys making all the noise

Get those boxes out of the truck
We're the New York State Police
If Morella's in it'll be our luck
Empty your pockets, take off your clothes
Keep your mouth shut or we'll break your nose

82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys

Got you on our video screens
We're the New York City Police
OK boys now keep it clean
We ain't green we ain't boy scouts
We know if you're holding out

82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
NYS Troopers are the worst to get pulled over by. Especially if you are an out-of-state driver. The local po-po will sometimes give you a warning, but the state boys NEVER let you off.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Actually, it was a 4000 with an MC1 turbo swap from a 5000. I hadn't moved more than 1/2 mile before I got pulled over, so I have no idea how it really drove, besides "a little loose". It did not look nearly as good in person as it did in the photos...but I might be able to get it for cheap, considering I've gotten more tickets in that car (which I don't own) than any other car I have....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
On the way to Plattekill for a collegiate race 4 years ago, we pulled into a dirt lot of an antique shop in the middle of Nowhereville, NY, since 3/4 of us had to wizz (4hrs driving with 4 college guys piled in an old compact pickup with suicide seats = terrible, BTW). It was about 11 at night, and figured WTF could possibly happen. All of a sudden, a Statie pulls up, and shines the flashlight on us, and asks what we're doing and where we're going (I was a bit panicky, as there was a cooler full of alcohol and only 1 of us was 21 at the time). We told him we were heading to P-kill for a race, and he quickly looked through the back of the truck and saw all our bikes and gear, and figured we were telling the truth (luckily he didn't look in the cooler). Sweet, we're getting away OK, and rightfully so. Then I almost f'ed things up:

Cop: I just wanted to make sure you guys weren't breaking in or anything.
Friend: Nope, just stopping for a bathroom break.
Me: Yea, there's nothing worth even stealing here anyway, I already checked.
Cop: *Shines light into my eyes* Excuse me?
Me: ahhhhhhh.......nothing
*Pause*
Cop: OK you guys have a good night, drive safe and be careful.

We got back in the car, only for me to receive several bitch slaps and "Are you retarded?" rhetorical questions. It was pretty funny, and the cop was cool, given the fact that he could have easily f'ed us over for something.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah, it's a rad car but it's not really what I'm looking for. The injector fan has to be jumped to run, the coolant warning light flashes constantly, the tires rub, the car has been lowered, the exhaust has to be replaced to be street worthy, ac needs to be charged, sunroof doesn't recenter automatically...

still, for the price it would be a fun car, i suppose.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yeah, it's a rad car but it's not really what I'm looking for. The injector fan has to be jumped to run, the coolant warning light flashes constantly, the tires rub, the car has been lowered, the exhaust has to be replaced to be street worthy, ac needs to be charged, sunroof doesn't recenter automatically...
Ummm... yikes.

Yeah - for the 35 minutes that it would actually run. :rofl:

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT

I believe that's standard on all Audi's :biggrin:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Headlights flashing me
Slow down buddy, pull over there
Where you come from, are you putting me on
Come on boys let's go downtown

82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys

Get those boxes out of the truck
If Morella's in it'll be our luck
Empty your pockets, take off your clothes
Keep your mouth shut or we'll break your nose

82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys

Got you on our video screens
We're the New York City Police
OK boys now keep it clean
We ain't green we ain't boy scouts
We know if you're holding out

82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys
82nd precinct boys
Couldn't let this one go without the nod of approval. :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Couldn't let this one go without the nod of approval. :thumb:
the one time I got to see them was in Ithaca. Charlie Harper was hammered per his norm, and i quote:

"I have no fvcking clue where we are tonight, but someone told me we're in New York State. So we're going to sing New York State Police. And if we're not in New York, fvck it!"

:rofl:

Despite being a bunch of old drunks, they put on one hell of a show.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
How screwed am I? I never received a court date and I'm coming to find out some of our mail has not been arriving/may have been stolen. My GF is missing a credit card (although it was never activated) and I never got a follow up from the court.

I'll call tomorrow, just wondering if I'm boned or if maybe I still have a chance.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Last time my court date didn't arrive in the mail it ended with a suspended license for 8 months and $650 in tickets/fines. Do yourself a favor and call the RMV ASAP.