Quantcast

Oh damn.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So I manage this email distribution list here at work. I've got it down to where 95% of the management is done automatically using Outlook rules. But every once in a while I get asshats who just can't think for themselves and need me to think for them. I generally am not very nice to these people, because they are morons and are causing me unnecessary work. So today some lady calls me and says "I have a co-worker who needs to be removed from the list". So I'm like "well she needs to do it herself, it's not complicated". Her reply?

"She can't, she passed away last night."

I haven't been slapped down that bad in a long time :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
She needs some help in her communications skills. I mean, saying "I have a coworker" when the coworker is dead? Don't worry, man - her bad.

Although now would probably be a bad time to bring up her deficiencies in communication.......... :p

-S.S.-

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I used to work in the same office area as her. I didn't recognize the name, but I wonder if I knew her just from "hi's".

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow its like you're the king of the prom jock. and all the other people that you work with are the outcasts. and you only work with them when you have HW to do.
does that mean ridemonkey is the popular group?
i'm just a bandwagon dude....
:)

J

JRB

Bummer - sometimes you just don't know, so it's beneficial to not ever just be an ass because you are smarter.

*I should practice that here, I guess.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
loco said:
so it's beneficial to not ever just be an ass because you are smarter.

excellent rule of thumb.

it was a stupid miscommunication though. she could have saved time by typing a couple of extra words making the situation less ambiguous.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
johnbryanpeters said:
If she's dead, why does she care about her email?

j/k
It did occur to me that this was not something that needed to be a priority. But hell if I was going to say anything.