Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i must be the only one who doesn't give two sh!ts about top gear....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Once you're back you're going to be calling everyone "shuggah" and telling them to "kiss my grits".

I know it...

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
FYI, If you're in some bar and 5 big dudes come strollin' in. I'd recommend tipping your hat to any ladies who might be accompanying them.
If it goes south from there, accuse the one with the greenest teeth of voting for George McGovern and having a commie flag in his garage. Then kick him in the knee, run to your car, do a couple donuts in the parking lot and take off!
True...you might want to re-route your trip, via Omaha.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
What the frick?

How can Air Canada be better at something??

I'm flying Delta to Atlanta, then to Dothan. I just checked in on line. You NEED a paper boarding pass?? Air Canada will email or text you your boarding pass. Security will just scan your phone and you're good to go. Delta Airlines fail.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You're going to LOVE Alabama. :thumb:

What the frick?

How can Air Canada be better at something??

I'm flying Delta to Atlanta, then to Dothan. I just checked in on line. You NEED a paper boarding pass?? Air Canada will email or text you your boarding pass. Security will just scan your phone and you're good to go. Delta Airlines fail.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
on the positive side, you can trade in your guns for sex toys in Alabama.
and if you really want to have fun, let everyone there know that the SEC sucks and USC is the best college football program in the country. then run like hell.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
First off the food on base is pretty scary. However the food immediately adjacent to the base is awesome. Low Country cooking with a Texas/Louisanna influence. Enjoy yourself. If you get invited to a cookout go. The fishing is spectacular! Catfish are fun and tasty.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I just had dinner.....at a Japanese restaurant....like a Beni hana type thing. The chef guy had a combined "right off the boat" Japanese and good ol' boy accent. It was very distracting. The food was good though.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Do yourself a favor and go to the Blue Plate. Get the full order of grilled Gulf Shrimp. Get biscuits and cornbread too.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Well the meeting went well. There were no actual military people around. It was all maintenance contractors. Though i did get a little nervous when I accidentally used the phrase "expound upon"....

And I was called "shug" by a waitress. I guess that caps off my alabama adventure.

It's sunny and warm here. It's freezing cold and crappy back home. I just came back from a walk over the the Barnes and Noble to grab a coffee and peruse magazines. I've never seen such an empty bookstore.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Well the meeting went well. There were no actual military people around. It was all maintenance contractors. Though i did get a little nervous when I accidentally used the phrase "expound upon"....

And I was called "shug" by a waitress. I guess that caps off my alabama adventure.

It's sunny and warm here. It's freezing cold and crappy back home. I just came back from a walk over the the Barnes and Noble to grab a coffee and peruse magazines. I've never seen such an empty bookstore.
books are like kryptonite down there. want hide something....put it in a book. no one will ever open in it in 'bama.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Some of the best German food I had was in Alabama. Something about the German scientists being "persuaded" to relocate to the Huntsville area following WW2 to work on our budding rocket program.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Some of the best German food I had was in Alabama. Something about the German scientists being "persuaded" to relocate to the Huntsville area following WW2 to work on our budding rocket program.
good german food is an oxymoron.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Like hell it is. :mad:
whatever old man...German food is bland & not very tasty & everything is served with saur kraut & spoetzel. :D
Look at some of zee German's neighbors...Italy, France, Spain, all that good food within a days drive. I am not saying I don't enjoy phallic shaped meats encased in pig intestines or a good hassenpfeffer...it just aint 'good' food in the grand scheme of things.