Quantcast

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Dude ... have you been to Mader's downtown?

:drool:
yes, several times & it tastes like every other German place I have ever been to. I am not saying it is bad. It is just that German cuisine bores the **** outta me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
whatever old man...German food is bland & not very tasty & everything is served with saur kraut & spoetzel. :D
Look at some of zee German's neighbors...Italy, France, Spain, all that good food within a days drive. I am not saying I don't enjoy phallic shaped meats encased in pig intestines or a good hassenpfeffer...it just aint 'good' food in the grand scheme of things.
Have you *eaten* much food in Germany? :confused:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Have you *eaten* much food in Germany? :confused:

^lol my crazy neighbor use to wash his car in the rain but without the hose.

nope, never been to Germany can't imagine it being too much different from what I have tried here. There is a reason zee Germans aren't know for their cuisine & are known for cars & killing jews.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yeah - you know... it pretty much is the same for Italian, French, and Spanish food here in the States too.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
damn dude, I dont think German food is very creative that is all. now relax.
is saur kraut better in germany? maybe...but just cuz you are in germany, but not cuz it tastes better or is prepared differentyl it is still just ruined cabage. i am sure the kraut I have had here can stack up.

The germans should stick to cars, industrial techno, beer & scat.

I no longer trust your pallate, cuz you think so highly of German food. I mean, christ, I bet you like British food too! :eek::D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
damn dude, I dont think German food is very creative that is all. now relax.
is saur kraut better in germany? maybe...but just cuz you are in germany, but not cuz it tastes better or is prepared differentyl it is still just ruined cabage. i am sure the kraut I have had here can stack up.

The germans should stick to cars, industrial techno, beer & scat.

I no longer trust your pallate, cuz you think so highly of German food. I mean, christ, I bet you like British food too! :eek::D
:rofl: I was just about to say the same about you (although I would have spelled it correctly). Do me a favor - head to Germany for a month or so... travel around... spend some time in Bavaria. Eat. Report back. Maybe your palate isn't really refined enough to appreciate German food. :p

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
:rofl: I was just about to say the same about you (although I would have spelled it correctly). Do me a favor - head to Germany for a month or so... travel around... spend some time in Bavaria. Eat. Report back. Maybe your palate isn't really refined enough to appreciate German food. :p
I wouldn't turn down the chance. trust me. :D

where would you rank german food in a list of your favs?
just curious....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I wouldn't turn down the chance. trust me. :D

where would you rank german food in a list of your favs?
just curious....
You mean if I had to rate it by European country? Tough call. Based on my personal experiences *IN* the actual countries I'd put it below Italian and French... above Spanish, English, Scottish, and Irish. But we weren't embarking on a food-tour when we were there. Food and wine was just a part of the experience.

We had some fantastic meals in Bavaria.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
You mean if I had to rate it by European country? Tough call. Based on my personal experiences *IN* the actual countries I'd put it below Italian and French... above Spanish, English, Scottish, and Irish. But we weren't embarking on a food-tour when we were there. Food and wine was just a part of the experience.

We had some fantastic meals in Bavaria.
eaten where ever. unless you think you can only get good thai food in thailand, french food in france, etc...
I just want to see where Germany stacks up in your list cuz I think you are just being contrary. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
eaten where ever. unless you think you can only get good thai food in thailand, french food in france, etc...
I guess I'll contend that you can't get a real good feel for the "quality" of German food if you're eating it in the Southern or Midwestern USA.
I just want to see where Germany stacks up in your list cuz I think you are just being contrary. :D
I am. :D

I've had Italian meals in Italy which were much worse than German meals I had in Bavaria. So ranking by country/cuisine really doesn't help much.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I guess I'll contend that you can't get a real good feel for the "quality" of German food if you're eating it in the Southern or Midwestern USA.

I am. :D

I've had Italian meals in Italy which were much worse than German meals I had in Bavaria. So ranking by country/cuisine really doesn't help much.
fine then dont play. :mad:

don't discount the German places here...at one time WI had the most germans outside of germany. old peopole here still speak with acents.

now we are stuck with their ****ty oom-pa music & boring food! :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
fine then dont play. :mad:

don't discount the German places here...at one time WI had the most germans outside of germany. old peopole here still speak with acents.

now we are stuck with their ****ty oom-pa music & boring food! :D
Oh - I'm well aware that WI is probably the "epicenter" for German culture in the USA. That said, I'm not so naive to think that German food in Milwaukee is a good representation of what you could get in Germany. :p

hows it goin brah.....WELCOME to RUCKER! when do you PCS/start school? ive been stationed here 3 years and there is nothing to do here but go to the beach down in Pamama City Beach FL and not much more. but thanks to our Fort Rucker MTB group we have literaly the best trails within a 2 hour drive. check out our facebook group for trail maps, photos group rides ect. just search "fort rucker mtb" as of today we have 86 members and growing.

we currently have about 12 miles of trails. everything from a 25ft steep ass drop-in to a wall ride (on my trail project x), to balance beams, teeter tooters little bit of everything. all skill levels can ride here. every weekend we have group rides at 10am behind building 1 no one left behind.

hope to meet up and get you on the trails soon!
-ADAM

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mmile doesn't ride anymore - too busy cleaning the pool and and maintaining his POS Jeep. :)

hows it goin brah.....WELCOME to RUCKER! when do you PCS/start school? ive been stationed here 3 years and there is nothing to do here but go to the beach down in Pamama City Beach FL and not much more. but thanks to our Fort Rucker MTB group we have literaly the best trails within a 2 hour drive. check out our facebook group for trail maps, photos group rides ect. just search "fort rucker mtb" as of today we have 86 members and growing.

we currently have about 12 miles of trails. everything from a 25ft steep ass drop-in to a wall ride (on my trail project x), to balance beams, teeter tooters little bit of everything. all skill levels can ride here. every weekend we have group rides at 10am behind building 1 no one left behind.

hope to meet up and get you on the trails soon!
-ADAM