Quantcast

oh em gee pedals!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This was bound to come up! I figure I'll take a stab at it. They look sweet, and I'd be down to try a set.

I know there was no set release date for them, and that you said "they'll be ready when they're ready". Just curious as to whether these are still actively being tested/revised, or if they are currently on the backburner, or postponed indefinitely?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Now that that's been said, let's keep the flaming to a minimum, I was hoping to get some actual information here.
DW will chime in with more detail, but we're currently working on releasing a bunch of new guides for 2010. The pedal project will be revisited soon though. As with everything we do, we will be extensively testing our pedals before we finalize everything. Our WC factory rider (Heikki Hall, destroyer of all things bicycle), rode the prototypes all this/last season with no major issues (a rarity).

-pw

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I wish to heck you guys would stop with your "improving the product" nonsense.

What ever happened to madly expanding a stagnant product lineup with little to no focus on quality? I'm sick of all of this testing and making sure the product meets high standards. You guys just don't get it.

:monkeydance:

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
I wish to heck you guys would stop with your "improving the product" nonsense.

What ever happened to madly expanding a stagnant product lineup with little to no focus on quality? I'm sick of all of this testing and making sure the product meets high standards. You guys just don't get it.

Well.... Personally, I would rather see 1 positive post about how kickin' the pedals are when they come out than half a dozen "needs more shims" post.

;) Just sayin'.

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
They did, but those guides are ssssooooo last year;):D
Mmmmm, I think he means the new hotness and not last years new hotness.
For instance theres the 2010 SS+.http://www.e13components.com/product_ss_plus.html
...and the XCX guide for MTB and Cyclocross 1X9 (or 1X10) which is available as of last Friday.http://www.e13components.com/product_xcx.html

We have a few more goodies (which I personally can't wait to put on my bike as soon as they are ready) but I would rather not let the cat out of the bag just yet, ;)

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
We have a few more goodies (which I personally can't wait to put on my bike as soon as they are ready) but I would rather not let the cat out of the bag just yet, ;)
I'm not totally sure about what you are talking about but I'm just saying CHUCK it!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I'm not sure exactly what the HD is, unless you are talking about the IBIS Mojo HD prototype that I have here in my shop.

We'll be putting some info up on pedals in the next couple of weeks. They have taken a back seat to other projects, so for now we have some other new goodies to share with you.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I definitely mean the mojo HD. There was mention floating around of a link mounted guide for it since it won't have tabs. I've had a reg mojo for the last 2 years and can't wait to get my hands on an HD.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DW will chime in with more detail, but we're currently working on releasing a bunch of new guides for 2010. The pedal project will be revisited soon though. As with everything we do, we will be extensively testing our pedals before we finalize everything. Our WC factory rider (Heikki Hall, destroyer of all things bicycle), rode the prototypes all this/last season with no major issues (a rarity).

-pw
Well, he had no trouble with the pedals. I wouldn't say no major issues though. I mean, he snapped a couple of frames, blew up a half dozen wheels, bent bars etc. Heikki is a walking FEA machine.