Quantcast

Oh god im in whistler

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
So far after being gone on the road for awhile with mr DBR we have been in whistler for a week and are departing saturday for vancouver. My riding level has shot up and i can pretty much throw table top whip lookbacks on a line and no footers :D

I've seen so many pros it is insane this place rules. Steve Peat, Nathan Rennie, sabrina Jonnier, Schley, Wade simmons, Dave Watson, Joe Schwartz, John Cowan, Robbie Bourdon, Gareth Dyer, Brian Lopes, and a few others. Seen a ton of proto stuff got the scope from a fox rider that they are making a vanilla with a threw axle apparently.

Talked to watson while i was drunk in the bathroom which was cool as ****.

Anyway hope everyone is well post something sometime soon.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Phew. Just got home from Whistler, Vancouver, and Seattle a little while ago. Our group mostly parted ways on Monday morning in Vancouver and most of us are back in DC now. DBR and Mobius are probably making their way south now, assuming they didn't have any problems getting across the border after our minor emergency in Vancouver involving a broken-into vehicle (namely DBR's) and the theft of all of Mobius' photo ID, passport, wallet, DBR and Mobius' cell phones, etc at the base of Mt. Seymour after a sweet, sweet run down CBC, Corkscrew, Pingu, and Pangor.

I'll reiterate what Echo said in another thread - any lift-accessed mountain in this region that even hints at being the Whistler of the East has got a loooooong way to go.

Pictures and more write-up to come.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
wow, glad you guys had a great time. i'll have to plan a trip next year :drool:

PICTURES MAN! where are the PICTURES!

STAT! :D

DamienC said:
Phew. Just got home from Whistler, Vancouver, and Seattle a little while ago. Our group mostly parted ways on Monday morning in Vancouver and most of us are back in DC now. DBR and Mobius are probably making their way south now, assuming they didn't have any problems getting across the border after our minor emergency in Vancouver involving a broken-into vehicle (namely DBR's) and the theft of all of Mobius' photo ID, passport, wallet, DBR and Mobius' cell phones, etc at the base of Mt. Seymour after a sweet, sweet run down CBC, Corkscrew, Pingu, and Pangor.

I'll reiterate what Echo said in another thread - any lift-accessed mountain in this region that even hints at being the Whistler of the East has got a loooooong way to go.

Pictures and more write-up to come.