Quantcast

++++++-Oh Look Another Monday-++++++

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Well I’ve made it 5 years at the insurance agency. Was hoping things would get better here but my boss/agency owner is a fucking moron. Applied to 5 different positions on LinkedIn over lunch. Peace out assholes.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Last Monday of the school year (thank the lord). I scooped MANY scoops of ice cream for my kiddos today and they all enjoyed it (I even got lots of hugs and thank you's from them too). Gymnastics presentations tonight and that wraps the season for the year. Summer practices start up in a week or so. Maybe I'll get to ride my bike soon!

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
nothing like rage quitting
Haven’t quit yet. Planning to look at as many options as I can. Kind of dove head first into this one. Looking for a step up and lot a lateral move. Really would like to just work for myself but benefits is kind of key at my current point in life.

Just reflecting on the last 5 years and it really hasn’t been positive.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Going into the office today, so yay! Waste of fucking time, but here we are.
Well that was pretty useless. Just spicy because whole team was able to be straight forward with mgmt about issues coming down from them...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
My 67 year old boss is starting to talk about retiring. Need to decide if I begin executing my exit strategy with him or wait for his replacement. Was really hoping the boss would stick around a little longer…he’s probably the best upper management person we have right now.

Rode the rollers this morning, bc no time for a real ride.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Old riding buddy on the west coast is selling a hardly ridden, super nicely built Canfield Balance. Once he sent me the ad he had me asking lots of questions and I’m trying to talk myself out of it. It’s reeaaally nice but I think a bit much for the trails around here and I already have a DH bike…but if I close my eyes I think I still want it.

Someone needs to buy the thing before I do something stupid. Again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Old riding buddy on the west coast is selling a hardly ridden, super nicely built Canfield Balance. Once he sent me the ad he had me asking lots of questions and I’m trying to talk myself out of it. It’s reeaaally nice but I think a bit much for the trails around here and I already have a DH bike…but if I close my eyes I think I still want it.

Someone needs to buy the thing before I do something stupid. Again.
giphy_s.gif

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Alright you two here’s the ad. What do y’all think? I know the dude and have bought several bikes from him. His word is gold to me as far as condition. I have little doubt it’s in near new shape…

Seems like a good value, too bad it’s too small for me. I’m out, so I guess the only option is for you to buy it

Don’t worry about it being too much bike for your trails, you can always find fun stuff to fuck off on, but the bike that makes you giggle

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Are you sure? I converted inch>mm and my large is very close to the medium canfield.
I’d have to think so…and maybe the other bike is too big if that’s the case. I’m barely 5’8”. My last Turner was a small.