Quantcast

Oh, Mammoth, how I love thee.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Wife had to work last Thursday, and since I had bought 3 of their rental Rocky Mountains, I decided to go down, pick them up, and enjoy the mountain by myself. Left a bit later than I'd like, arriving about 9:30, stopped at Vons to get supplies, and NY Bagel and Deli for snacks, and then to the Adventure Center. Buy ticket, get ready, and up to the top. A gorgeous day. Kamikaze down (I know, big deal, it's only a famous speed trap), which lasted about 10 1/2 minutes (did I use the brakes too much?), back up, down Off the Back and Beach Cruiser, back to McCoy Station, down Brake Through and Skid Marks, shuttle to the main lodge, lunch, switch bikes (first Trek FuelEX, then Banshee Viento), and back to the top. On this trip down the Kamikaze, I stopped by Chair 14 to see if I could find the spot I left a time capsule for Alaina. I did, and spent about 10 minutes just sitting. The view was excellent!!! Continued down, then to the top again, Off the Back, and time to call it a day. It was so well worth the drive. Pick up rental purchases, Vons for lottery tickets, and Giovanni's for take-home pizza. I really hated leaving, but until I win lottery........

To me, one of the best days riding, even if I only hit a fraction of the trails there.........

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
nice. I want to ride at Mammoth next season. Will prolly try & get a couple days up there this ski season.
They sell their rentals at the end of the season?

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
nice. I want to ride at Mammoth next season. Will prolly try & get a couple days up there this ski season.
They sell their rentals at the end of the season?
Yes, they sell their rentals. Was supposed to get 3 last year, but had email hiccup. Made dang sure I'd get the this year. Sure, a little (lot?) beat up, but new cables and such and they are fine. Wife loves hers, sold one, and just need newer rd for son's. Not bad for the price......

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
We need to pick a date...get the word out, pre arrange bail money and arrange for the strippers and blow.

True dat...... Depending on the date, I can get a Saturday or Sunday off during the summer, though my normal days off are Wed/Thur, which would be better for me. What kind of rooms would we be looking at? Up at the main lodge, or more in town to be closer to the booze? I don't recall seeing any "entertainment" ads in the yellow pages, so transport may be needed.....