Quantcast

Oh Man I just decided NOT to get a Titus Quasi Moto

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Wow........I was all set to get this frame with cranks for $500 and then all of a sudden something inside hit me and said no don't do it..

I really shouldn't be shelling out money like that right now, even if it was a good deal.

Now should I sell off the rest of my parts that I would have put on it, or should I find an inexpensive frame to throw those parts on? I'm leaning towards finding an inexpensive hardtail frame, but it'll have to work with a 130mm fork.

Anyone ever use a DMR Trailstar as a sort of jack of all trades type of bike?

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
MMcG said:
Wow........I was all set to get this frame with cranks for $500 and then all of a sudden something inside hit me and said no don't do it..
:confused:
Like sands through the hour glass...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jollytime said:
:confused:
Like sands through the hour glass...
I know...I know....I know...I was looking at what's coming up on the horizon for the kids and I realized that I need to focus on them more than adding a new FS frame to the quiver.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
MMcG said:
I know...I know....I know...I was looking at what's coming up on the horizon for the kids and I realized that I need to focus on them more than adding a new FS frame to the quiver.
Keep the goods, set up a FS fund and take care of the boys. When the FS fund is fat, buy the frame of your choice.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Mark, I swear you build, buy, and sell bikes and bike parts more than you ride.... That's ok with me as long as I keep buying the parts off you.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
As you know I am building up a steelhead for the same purposes as you would potentially build up a cheap hardtail for. It will be done fairly soon, if you have not made any moves by then I will let you know how that feels in a trail bike application.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
golgiaparatus said:
Do like me man... get 1 bike that does it all, set it up with your favorite, seat, pedals, stem length, and tires. Dont upgrade a part until you break said part. Dont get new frame until you break it.
Ever tell an alcoholic to have just one beer?
:sneaky:

:love: ya, Mark!

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
DHS said:
how about we just weld you up a frame...
No, get him a welding kit, some steal and aluminum and we will never see him again.

Stan! Yes, I live, however I no longer ride. I play poker, work and send out "please please please Mr. Postman bring me a check today" vibes. Freelancing has it's advantages, but getting paid on time and paying all of ones own taxes is not one of them. You ever buy a house?

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
MMcG said:
$500? If you aren't going to buy it, can I talk you into giving me the details on it? :sneaky: I am looking for a beefier replacement for the Switchblade.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
why dont we start a charity fund for his new bike? but he has to ride whatever we collect. if it is $50, he has to ride a huffy, if it is $15000, then it is a harley...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So I guess I remain the only Quasi Moto owner in the greater Hartford area. :monkey: :blah:

Well Mark, better to bail out now than to make the purchase and feel guilty about it after.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
sweet, glad to hear that you have a stem cap and the barrel adjuster is heading yr way. i never did find that pesky thing.

DAmnit - Couldn't get the Syncros stem to work right for the life of me, kept getting play in the headset. Oh well. I put a Thomson on and it's golden. :thumb: