Quantcast

Oh man it was so nice to be able to ride in 60deg weather today.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It really recharged the batteries and got the blood flowing. Just awesome to get out today. Just wish I ate better before the ride. By the way the usual temp here this time of year is in the 20's and we usually have a couple of inches/feet of snow on the ground here.

jdcamb

We have almost no snow left. I tried riding yesterday or the day before, but there was two or three inches of dense water saturated stuff that it was impossible to plough through.

No riding today, running around getting ready to head to Florida tomorrow for a funeral on Monday.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
glub glub glub

i had to put spd's on some flippers to ride out here....

We're breaking records with all the rain, and i guess for Seattle that's saying alot...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
jdcamb said:
It really recharged the batteries and got the blood flowing. Just awesome to get out today. Just wish I ate better before the ride. By the way the usual temp here this time of year is in the 20's and we usually have a couple of inches/feet of snow on the ground here.

jdcamb

And to think that I didn't ride today because the high was only suppose to get to the low 60's. Brrrrrrr

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wumpus said:
And to think that I didn't ride today because the high was only suppose to get to the low 60's. Brrrrrrr
So when it is 110deg in July your way and it is in the 70's here. Nature will give you your payback. Sizzle....

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
It's actually been unseasonable hot and dry this winter. We've set quite a few record temps(mid 80's) and last year was the 9th driest year on record. The trails are really suffering though.

splat

Nam I am
berkshire_rider said:
Long-range forecasts from the "experts" in this area are showing it's going to continue to be mild and mostly snow-free the rest of January. :thumb:
yeah except they are calling for this rain to turn into snow tongiht and leave us with 3 -6 inches :(

But I took a wlak into teh Woods this morning , trails are in mint condition The ground is basically still frozen for the most part, but snow free.

dburatti

Chimp
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX
Wumpus said:

LOL! I'm with you, Chris. When it gets below 60, I have to convince myself to go ride. Today looks like a beautiful 70 or so, but I'm stuck at work. Tomorrow is work, as well. Suck!!!

I hope the warm weather continues so I can eventually ride in it and builld that trail I won the bid for.

D