Quantcast

Oh man, this is the most condecending thing I have ever seen...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I have a team that has agreed to be used to review all communications that go out. The team is: (Edited to protect the innocent). The idea would be that until we get some templates set up, and staff learns effective communications, all communications would be run by one of the people on this list for editing.
This was just sent to all IS, nothing like insulting everyone in the entire department. :rolleyes: :rofl:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
When I was marketing manager for a software company, all communications came through me. Besides those idiot IT people not knowing how to communicate, they'd too often let proprietary info leak out.

Y'all are dumbs.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Tench, consider that you're more an exception to the rule. Sorry bro, but your co-workers are idiots.

J

JRB

Keep posting these, Tench. I look less and less whiney by the day. :thumb:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I have a team that has agreed to be used to review all communications that go out.

Did he end a sentence with a preposition? Can we get an English major to make the call?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Until all enterprise-oriented human capital assets consistently utilize complex linguistic architectures and nich-centric jargon to articulate mission-critical messaging and action items to the company's diverse global constituencies...

we're gonna tell you what the h*ll to say.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The idea would be that until we get some templates set up, and [when|until] our staff learns effective communications, all communications would be run by one of the people on this list for editing.
Make sure this person sends his copy to the review committee as well...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
A group reads *every* email that goes out?? :eek:
Uh, I think they're talking about external communications to customers, and it's not unusual for a marketing department to review communications to customers - though I think reviewing all of them is a little extreme.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Uh, I think they're talking about external communications to customers, and it's not unusual for a marketing department to review communications to customers - though I think reviewing all of them is a little extreme.
Since they sent it to all of IS, I figured they were trying to censor all communication. Which is insane.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Since they sent it to all of IS, I figured they were trying to censor all communication. Which is insane.
Yeah, well, IS in particular (which is what LO suggested) and a lot of other groups simply don't understand what is and is not appropriate customer information.

I worked in the Regulatory group at my last company and we constantly had to fight customer service people and engineers who wanted to fax entire product specs & detailed CAD drawings to customers "because they wanted to see it" :rolleyes:

J

JRB

binary visions said:
Yeah, well, IS in particular (which is what LO suggested) and a lot of other groups simply don't understand what is and is not appropriate customer information.

I worked in the Regulatory group at my last company and we constantly had to fight customer service people and engineers who wanted to fax entire product specs & detailed CAD drawings to customers "because they wanted to see it" :rolleyes:
In general, people are idiots. Me saying that really is saying something.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
binary visions said:
Nope they are talking about internal e-mail, to other employees. But only department wide distrobution lists.

J

JRB

Tenchiro said:
Nope they are talking about internal e-mail, to other employees. But only department wide distrobution lists.
I see their point. Maybe they can help you post too. :D

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
binary visions said:
Although now that I think of it we do have one guy that has flown off the handle a few times via e-mail.