Quantcast

oh man. wow.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so there's this local rider guy that's living large. he and my mom became friends, and chit chat every now and then. a while ago, he went in to pay his taxes on a new car. he was a proud papa. the next time i came home, mom was like, "_____ _______'s got a new car. a Ferrari or something like that. brand new." that was pretty cool, i thought. homeboy's got some serious $$. his truck is a badass 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4, his road bike is a Pinarello Prince with a full Record gruppo.

i saw his car today in his driveway. Ferrari? nah. '06 Lamborghini Gallardo. a nice gunmetal grey/ dark pewter color, with like deep bronze or copper colored rims. jesus christ. the lines on that car are insane. i had to drive by a 3rd time just now.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
there's an F360 that i see fairly often...that's probably why the Lambo looks so ****ing sweet to me right now (i've never seen one in person just sitting still).

and i don't know anyone here with a digi cam. this town is far behind the technology curve. there shouldn't be an issue with me snapping some shots next time i come down.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
this isn't his car, but this is what it was. Gallardo SE:

it's amazing how the pictures don't do justice...at all....not even close. the site reads as if this was only a 2004 model, with only 250 made. so i don't know if the site was not updated, or if he found a 2004 new somewhere.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
rockymt21 said:
Jaguar please.

Dan
Yes I too would like an overpriced mushy ford devoid of its once rich historical character. I would also like it to depreciate at an incredible rate and break down daily.

My soul died when Aston AND Jag became part of the FoMoCo. For my 200,000 dollars I will take a Lotus Exige (better get one before ford decides to buy them), Toyota 4runner V8, and a Corvette Z06. Thats about 150g depending on options. The Exige has all the road presence of the Ferrari and Lambo, the Vette has all the speed, and the 4runner can tow either to the track. With my leftover 50g I will build a garage to put them in.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
the Inbred said:

it's amazing how the pictures don't do justice...at all....not even close. the site reads as if this was only a 2004 model, with only 250 made. so i don't know if the site was not updated, or if he found a 2004 new somewhere.

That car is sex.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
TheInedibleHulk said:
Yes I too would like an overpriced mushy ford devoid of its once rich historical character. I would also like it to depreciate at an incredible rate and break down daily.

My soul died when Aston AND Jag became part of the FoMoCo. For my 200,000 dollars I will take a Lotus Exige (better get one before ford decides to buy them), Toyota 4runner V8, and a Corvette Z06. Thats about 150g depending on options. The Exige has all the road presence of the Ferrari and Lambo, the Vette has all the speed, and the 4runner can tow either to the track. With my leftover 50g I will build a garage to put them in.
Holy Crap, I ment Aston Martin, weird how I get them mixed up. Only reason I like the Aston Martin cars so much is because of their sound. Just plain amazing.

Dan

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
the Inbred said:

Quite possibly the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That is pure sex right there.

I could never buy one for myself, I can't justify anything over a Vette. The Z06 would be more that I would ever need. I'm a cheap bastard and can only take things so far.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
TheInedibleHulk said:

My soul died when Aston AND Jag became part of the FoMoCo.

I HATE FORD. There, I said it. They've killed most european brands they've touched. Its just so :mumble: :mumble:

Jaguar and Land Rover are the best 2 examples. Both manufactures used to have a very rich heritage and history, and Ford came in and killed them before they had a chance to fight back. The Last real Jags the XK and XJ of a few years ago were leaky pieces of British $hit. But thats what made them special. They had something about them that was much more "proper" than the equivalant car from the Germans. Ford came in and gave Jag the "ford" treatment cheaping up the materials on the inside and out.

What Ford has done to Land Rover is even worse. They took a brand with the biggest off road following and heritage and are currently attempting to kill it completely. Land Rovers are, or should I say were; clunky, noisy, leaky, rust buckets. That is what made them so great. They all had minor problems, but if properly taken care of they will last forever. All Pre-Ford Rovers have been built to be a very capable off road vehicle. The D2 was the last real truck that Land Rover built. Despite its fancy skin its a great trail rig. The P38 (1995-2002) Range Rover sold great, it was a great looking truck yet it still had a set of solid axles and a transfer case. 95% of people bought the Range Rover to cruise the streets, and thats great, but underneath it was still a capable off road truck. None of this can be said about the new Rovers. Ford thinks that fully independant suspension is the way to go, and its killing the brand :mumble: Land Rover has always had a history with the world's militaries but word is that Bill Ford is such a democratic hippie that he doesnt want to sell any LR vehicles to anyones army, which means the defender will die forever in 2008. I could go on for pages about how Ford has fcuked up the brands they bought, and its just sick. They keep advertising about how manly and strong new ford superduty trucks are, yet they buy the worlds most known 4x4 brand and pussify it :mumble: :mumble:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
maxyedor said:
Mabye a Ferrari witha flat tire but otherwise no.
2006 Ferrari F430
Price- $171,000
0-60- 3.5
1/4 mile- 11.7@120.1
skidpad- .90 (spider)
horsepower- 483
weight- 3351

2006 Corvette Z06
Price- $65,000
0-60- 3.9
1/4 mile- 12.2@120.7
skidpad- .99
horsepower- 505
weight- 3142

source- Road&Track

The Ferrari edges out the vette off the line primarily because of the rearward weight distributrion and the fact that the ferrari driver does not need to successfully channel 505hp through a human controlled clutch without smoking the tires. As the higher trap speed indicates, once off the line the vette catches back up. I have also seen other tests that were able to get sub 12 second 1/4 mile runs out of the vette. Combine that with a better power to weight and higher lateral grip for the vette and the ferrari will have a hard time keeping up with it in a prolonged run at the track. In a race between these two it would really come down to the drivers and which car the particular track favored, and 106,000 dollars will get you a whole lot of driving lessons. :nuts:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
TheInedibleHulk said:
2006 Ferrari F430
Price- $171,000
0-60- 3.5
1/4 mile- 11.7@120.1
skidpad- .90 (spider)
horsepower- 483
weight- 3351

2006 Corvette Z06
Price- $65,000
0-60- 3.9
1/4 mile- 12.2@120.7
skidpad- .99
horsepower- 505
weight- 3142

source- Road&Track

The Ferrari edges out the vette off the line primarily because of the rearward weight distributrion and the fact that the ferrari driver does not need to successfully channel 505hp through a human controlled clutch without smoking the tires. As the higher trap speed indicates, once off the line the vette catches back up. I have also seen other tests that were able to get sub 12 second 1/4 mile runs out of the vette. Combine that with a better power to weight and higher lateral grip for the vette and the ferrari will have a hard time keeping up with it in a prolonged run at the track. In a race between these two it would really come down to the drivers and which car the particular track favored, and 106,000 dollars will get you a whole lot of driving lessons. :nuts:
Whatever. At the end of the day you'd still be driving a Corvette. :p :p :p

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
rockymt21 said:
Holy Crap, I ment Aston Martin, weird how I get them mixed up. Only reason I like the Aston Martin cars so much is because of their sound. Just plain amazing.

Dan
The Aston brand managers have done a better job of preserving the character of their cars than Jag. The jags sports cars are styled far too conservatively with soft lines and little originality, a far cry from the loud curvaciousness of the E-type. And their sedans are fords with shiny rims. Astons are at least still world class sports and touring cars that are still edgy and have no shortage of sex appeal. The new V8 Vantage will give the 911 a run for its money and no one can see a Vanquish go by without vanquishing in their pants. Still, I couldnt buy one knowing that it shares it's door handles with a mazda miata.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Changleen said:
Whatever. At the end of the day you'd still be driving a Corvette. :p :p :p
I remeber when the 4th gen Supra smoked a Ferrari in Road and Track. For $48k, that was a whole hell of a lot of car.

Don't get me wrong, I love euro trash. But again, I'm a cheap bastard and my '69 Chevy truck gets me laid too :D

Like power to weight ratio, I'm a $:HP guy myself.

mmaddmark

Monkey
Feb 24, 2004
just snag an old pantera (aprox 16-32k) get a blown up one..even cheaper, drop a injected roller 302. theres you a mid engine 500+ hp and great looking.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Hells yeah, that was a sex machine. A guy came in the bike shop with one once and we went outside and oggled, still looks good after all these years.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
jimmydean said:
That is pure sex right there.

I could never buy one for myself, I can't justify anything over a Vette. The Z06 would be more that I would ever need. I'm a cheap bastard and can only take things so far.
before this, he had a Ferrari that i never saw. before that, it was a Viper that was unlike any Viper i have seen since. it was like a Cobra R version of a Viper. thing was so damn loud. i like this Gallardo more any either of those, though.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I was in a gallardo 2 weeks ago, IMO they have the best lines of any car on the market right now. I never was that big of a fan of lambo's until the recent crop.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i saw a Bently a few weeks ago here on campus. the guy driving it had his hat sideways, and his left-arm was covered in tattoos. at first i thought it was Travis Barker.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the Inbred said:
i saw a Bently a few weeks ago here on campus. the guy driving it had his hat sideways, and his left-arm was covered in tattoos. at first i thought it was Travis Barker.
That had to have been someone, i mean usually the only people that are covered in tattoos and have flow like that are "someone"...Only two types of people can afford cars like that. Older guys that have "made it", Younger guys that have worked the system and become famous :evil:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
A bently vanquish? if youre gonna take the time to go find a pic at least get the brand right. Aston Martin Vanquish. Bentley makes big land yaght luxury cars.