Quantcast

Oh My God... Heat Stroke!!!!!!

snaps-alot

Chimp
Jul 11, 2006
Los Angeles - Westside
cheetaprowlerDH said:
i cant beleive this summer... its relentless. i just got all new suspension and i NEED to ride but HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :dead:

ACT ON GLOBAL WARMING NOW YOU MAJOR INDUSTRIES SO WE WILL ALL BE ABLE TO RIDE STILL IN A FEW YEARS...
Ride at night..less traffic too :) I feel you on the heat thing, I rode in pasadena the other day a t 5pm and it was still blazing hot...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Fill that camelbak with ice, put on a long sleeved white jersey and go ride. That's what I did today.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Ciaran said:
Fill that camelbak with ice, put on a long sleeved white jersey and go ride. That's what I did today.

Yeah, I've been freezing the camel back and switching to that after the bottles run out, helps cool you and give ya cold water later in the ride. Also some good things I've found are Desoto Arm Coolers. They made them orginally for ironmans, but they are great for training, basically white thin arm warmers.

well, i cant ride after dark because my parents get pissed if i come home late like i did tonight... i walked in the door drenched in sweat from riding at 9:21...

i dont use a camelbak, i take a kick-ass snowboarding backpack with three straps (2 on the waist, one on the chest) and i put a giant one gallon bottle of Arrowhead in it and ride around lugging that, and monster T's... it REALLY takes it out of you...

i'm 14 and i DO have a very well paying job... cough20bucksanhourcough which is way better than mowing lawns like the rest of the 14 year olds that i know do... but the cool thing about my job is that theres no real schedule... you just have to show up and sand a few boards... eat,chill, sand some more,repeat... so riding before work can be like riding all day... not to be a dick or anything by mentioning that, but i just ahve a habit of describing things in depth...

WHO CAN RIDE TOMORROW AT LAKE CALAVERAS??? is anybody up for a ride in the later afternoon? i did go out there today and it was pretty bad but it was bearable if you took some breaks obviously.
i'm free after 1:00 so just post here if anybody wants to go... as i said to bjanga, i would like to meet some of the SD crew because i've only seen a handful of real riders and half of them i never saw again...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I was in Fontucky last weekend on bussiness, and was going to try to get a few runs in at the DH course, then I checked the air temp. a cool 114 in the shade at California Speedway. I decided against riding that day.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
maxyedor said:
I was in Fontucky last weekend on bussiness, and was going to try to get a few runs in at the DH course, then I checked the air temp. a cool 114 in the shade at California Speedway. I decided against riding that day.
You should have come by my place and drank beers instead. I'm only 10 mins from California Speedway.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Totally HOTT here in east TN. My wife just returned today from San Diego & said it was NOT as hot there- compared to here..More hazy hott still air & humidity here & 96* in the shade... I work 12 hours straight at a non-stop pace 3 days in a row here, & it is almost killing me.Loading helicopters tours..

Has anyone seen the Al Gore movie about global warming ?

Also, is there a variety of riding there in San Diego XC / DH/4x or is it not bike friendly there ??
Stay cool..

i made the dumbass decision to go riding at midday on saturday when it was around 110 out and guess what happened... i friggin fainted while pushing my bike up a chute, i woke up and i was all shaky and couldnt really move for around 15 minutes, it sucked.
first time i fainted in my whole 14 years of living.

i wanna see that movie about global warming so bad, its totally a movie i would watch... if youve ever seen me, you would most likely not expect that i know and care as much as i do about this worlds environment... i grew up at my grandparents and they taught me everything, i'm well brought up in the nature and eating category.

here in SD, theres everything, every type of riding... even snow riding if you hit palomar mountain in the winter. i like it