Quantcast

Oh my God. It burns!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We had a family barbeque over the weekend for which I made some of JimmyDean's Mango Habanero Salsa. I made two batches: mellow and omg it burns. The 'mellow' one is the same recipe but with no seeds and extra mango and berries to offset is a bit. The 'omg it burns' has two exta Hab's (with seeds) added in for extra kick.

As it turned out, the 'mellow' ended up packing a pretty aggressive kick that made it by far the hottest salsa of the barbeque. It was once again the most popular salsa at the party and all that I brought was eaten. I i still had my jar of 'omg it burns' sitting in the fridge though, because I didn't want to give Grandma a heart attack if she got the wrong one (she's kind of blind now)

In lieu of lunch today I thought some chips and salsa would be a good little shake up from my normal quinoa-based meal. It was great for the first few bites until I stopped eating to do some chores and the heat came up brutally fast. I can't stop eating chips and salsa because it hurts to much to stop. I feel like Johan Hill in 'Get Him to the Greek' petting the fuzzy wall.

I still highly recommend this recipe for any barbeque you might be attending, but don't add more Habs - it might kill someone.

Oh, and I'm not looking forward to when this cycles through. It's going to hurt like hell.:eek:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dude - they're fvcking habs you 'tard. :D
I know this. These aren't like the ones I get from Safeway though. I picked them up at the Farmer's Market last week. Organic, locally grown Hab's from Hell is what they are!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I just saw that the other bay. That guy was probably ****ting blood for a week.
I ate 1/3 of a pizza and it was hot but not insane. I think I could down a whole large, but not with nothing to drink... that's just F'd up.

Ever heard of "wing stop"? The Atomic wings at that place are FAR hotter than this pizza. I did 10 wings and my hands were shaking from endorphins by the end. Hottest thing I have ever eaten, hands down.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I ate 1/3 of a pizza and it was hot but not insane. I think I could down a whole large, but not with nothing to drink... that's just F'd up.

Ever heard of "wing stop"? The Atomic wings at that place are FAR hotter than this pizza. I did 10 wings and my hands were shaking from endorphins by the end. Hottest thing I have ever eaten, hands down.
You fly overs are just down right crazy.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007

yea, I'm a wuss when it comes to hot food. I can take no more than 2 of those atomic wings before I'm looking for a vanilla milk shake.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
got dosed with ghost pepper sauce the day after new years, a couple of the guys poured some on my eggs and I didnt think anything of it because I hadn't seen the bottle.

about 3-4 bites in I started to notice it.

That was not fun. It was bearable but not my idea of a good time, I finished my breakfast though (probably not the best idea, that was murder on the way out.)

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT

Really?
I love their wings...haven't tried the Atomic yet...and although I do love spicy food, I'm not sure if I will now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude, my ghost chilies just started to bud last weekend. We are supposed to go strawberry picking this weekend and I will be doctoring up some goodness myself.

mexMan

Chimp
Jun 27, 2011
When I first read the title I thought ''My God it's ghonorrea, go to a doctor and stop whining''... Yeah, I've heard habaneros are pretty badass, but with that amount of sugar in the recipe it wouldn't kill a pigeon, that's what I think, dunno, it can't be THAT bad.

JLStout

Chimp
Mar 12, 2010
Redding Ca
Last year I grew some Habs in my garden. Stupid me after a few beers thought they wouldn't be as hot as the store bought ones. Took a big bite! Big mistake! They were like eating the sun!:shocked:

mexMan

Chimp
Jun 27, 2011
Last year I grew some Habs in my garden. Stupid me after a few beers thought they wouldn't be as hot as the store bought ones. Took a big bite! Big mistake! They were like eating the sun!:shocked:
Next time stick them in you're eye, it's pretty awesome

JLStout

Chimp
Mar 12, 2010
Redding Ca
I actually did that once. I make ABTs on my smoker (Atomic Buffalo Turds). I use jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, a little smokey and wrapped with bacon. I did some habanero ones last year and touched my forehead with a finger. About 1/2 hour later it migrated into my eye. Couldn't open my eye for about an hour. My wife thought it was hilarious.