Quantcast

oh my god ted, it's monday

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Time change doesn't affect me as I just hit the sack early Sat/Sun. But it does make Sun/Mon/Tues fly by for some reason. Halfway through my Monday and feels like it just started.

In other news,

A pretty massive solar flare over the weekend caused some havoc for unprepared solar peeps

Sunspot region 3590 does it again! It's third X-class soalr flare and the strongest solar flare of the currently Solar Cycle thus far peaking at a respectable value of X6.3 (R3-strong).
The solar flare peaked at 22:34 UTC and the observed X-ray value comes from GOES-18 which covers for GOES-16 as it does not provide any data at the moment. The flare was rather impulsive which isn't a great sign but it is possible that some ejecta might have left the blast site. More information will be provided tomorrow!

View attachment 208891

Its been pretty interesting to see how many peeps with solar had a 15-35% sudden increase in PV energy for a short burst causing inverters, MPPT's and batteries getting over clocked. For those with everything wired correctly with breakers, shunts and fuses in the right config it was nothing but a reset for their system, for others it was a expensive day. The chatter on the forums is now focused on EMP shielding.
Cloudy helped...
1710181837561.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just talked to the dude. Sounds like Haley is his "big" story so far. Girl, had to move up to teen league for competition, Luke (won teen league) and her live on the same street, both race outdoors for the same team, etc. Should be fun.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Just talked to the dude. Sounds like Haley is his "big" story so far. Girl, had to move up to teen league for competition, Luke (won teen league) and her live on the same street, both race outdoors for the same team, etc. Should be fun.
When the time comes this outfit does great work and the kiddo will dig the hell out it. Gotta start the wall of fame sometime.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Winter Park has a more normal-people vibe than the Epic places, in my experience. more "I'm here for the week from St. Louis with my family" instead of "I'm here for the month from Brazil"

/me is wfh today. was going to wfh due to the schedule anyway, and then my Baby Aya developed a puking illness overnight. now she's showered clean and soaking happily in the bathtub with duckies and the like
My brother has been coming to Colorado a few times a year for the last decade. He swears Vail is the best. From what I witnessed today I assume that is because it has the most easy groomers.

Fucker has spent an order of magnitude more time on akis than I am and he is kind of terrible.

Or maybe skiing ice in Virginia on 20 year old straight sticks built character.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My brother has been coming to Colorado a few times a year for the last decade. He swears Vail is the best. From what I witnessed today I assume that is because it has the most easy groomers.

Fucker has spent an order of magnitude more time on akis than I am and he is kind of terrible.

Or maybe skiing ice in Virginia on 20 year old straight sticks built character.
sage wisdom I have accumulated along with white hairs in my beard is that volume of skiing is only very weakly correlated with how one actually skis

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What Vail lacks on-mountain it makes up for with authentic, vintage charm, and the blue collar grit of the gallery girls.
the authentic charm of a 1970s brutalist concrete parking structure, amirite