Quantcast

oh my god, the dead kennedys are playin Vegas the weekend I'm there...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i HIGHLY doubt that eric boucher (aka jello) is gonna be there. theirs is one of the more acrimonious splits and i think there has been multiple lawsuits between him, east bay ray and the other guys. not sure who they roped into singing, but i think i'd pass.

at least i got to see 'em intact, and when their glory years weren't so far behind them (in '86 or so).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
narlus said:
i HIGHLY doubt that eric boucher (aka jello) is gonna be there. theirs is one of the more acrimonious splits and i think there has been multiple lawsuits between him, east bay ray and the other guys. not sure who they roped into singing, but i think i'd pass.

at least i got to see 'em intact, and when their glory years weren't so far behind them (in '86 or so).

I heard they were once again vindicated. All the lawsuits are over and I guess they won. Kind of a moot point to me without Jello. I would be cool to see them in Vegas though.....

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
jdcamb said:
I heard they were once again vindicated. All the lawsuits are over and I guess they won. Kind of a moot point to me without Jello. I would be cool to see them in Vegas though.....
Moot point for me as well...I yain't leavin san jo till around 8 anyway. Plus I saw em in their hay day in a small club called the Keystone in Palo Alto many moons ago...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i wish i had seen Black Flag or the Minutemen at some point in my life. you west coasters had it nice.

at least i got to see Deep Wound (j mascis and lou barlow's pre-Dinosaur band).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
dh girlie said:
Moot point for me as well...I yain't leavin san jo till around 8 anyway. Plus I saw em in their hay day in a small club called the Keystone in Palo Alto many moons ago...
I never saw them :( Had many chances and just never got around to it. F'd up....jdcamb

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
i wish i had seen Black Flag or the Minutemen at some point in my life. you west coasters had it nice.

Yes, well the bay area has certainly turned out its share of kick ass bands...Heck I was rubbin elbows with Jello myowndamnself at a PIL show at the Warfield...OH...that's the night Johnny Rotten hisowndamnself called me an asshole for not dancing...

splat

Nam I am
narlus said:

I got to see Black Flag Back in 84 at "The Channel" then they still had the Chick (forgot her name ) was still playing Bass. definatly a show I'm glad I got to see.

splat

Nam I am
narlus said:
Kira Roessler

she was (is?) married to Watt. they had a project called Dos together. just two bass guitars. very sinuous.

Thats it ! and she was pretty hot too ! if I remeber correctly though all the alcohol that was comsumed that night. and I loved the name of the opening band ( even though they sucked ) "The Archbishops enema fetish "

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
splat said:
I got to see Black Flag Back in 84 at "The Channel" then they still had the Chick (forgot her name ) was still playing Bass. definatly a show I'm glad I got to see.
I was at that very same show. It was awesome.....jdcamb

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
DK in Vegas???

Lounge act???? Am I that old already. Dammit I guess I am. Bastids.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
riderx said:
Don't do it, they are imposters. No Jello = no DK.

BTW, the new Jello/Melvins disc rocks!
There a disk out? Damn, i better do some homework.

sorta off topic(melvins related i guess)... Fantomas has a new record soon, and a tour......

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
Oh jeez.

I saw DK several times, the Mabuhay and On Broadway in SF, Ruthies Inn in Berkeley...

We're old.

On a side note, Jello is a dishhonest prick. F**k that guy.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jdcamb said:
Is the Channel still open?
no, it closed years ago. i think it was a strip club for a bit after the music booking ended, but i could be wrong.

too bad. aside from the rancid draft beer (did they ever clean their lines?), it had a big parking lot, a decent sound system, and good sight lines. and i saw plenty of great shows there. boston has definitely missed a channel-type club.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:

I used to have a live tape of the minutemen when they opened up for REM. The only other live tape I have of them is a Spin Radio show that I have seen on vinyl on ebay.