Quantcast

oh my lord... this is gonna punish his ankles and wrists

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
LordOpie said:
photochop... tree is missing between bars and arm :rolleyes:
ummm, you cant see the tree because those little green things trees have.... i believe they are called leaves, are blocking it... and transition or not, thats still huge for a bmx with no helmet

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
its real. its a poster i got, i wish i could photo shop that good... maybe if i wanted to make it blink and give siezures i could do something on photo shop to it

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
vallEbikes said:
yeah but that is a tattoo
WHAT???!!! OK... LOOK BELOW HIS ARM. You know...WHERE A TREE WOULD LOGICALLY BE SEEN???
Honestly, whay in the hell would anyone go through the effort of trying to fake a shot like that??? Well, maybe on pinkbike I guess...lot's of kids on there that are as tall as "our new 17' drop!!!" Kids rule.
Anyway, it's not fugging chopped, the tree is very visible, only the right side of the trunk is blocked by leafage, no one's going to foget a tree and manage to chop in freaking SPOKES where the wall is visible through the wheels, and the shadow is NOT "off", check the angle of the handrailing shadow. The sun doesn't always shine straight down, kids!
Besides, where would they have gotten a shadow like that, and how would you chop a shadow onto a wall like that??? If it WAS chopped, it would be a cooler stunt than the huck itself! Apparently, some of you haven't ever seen a BMX vid? We've got nothing on them...

splat

Nam I am
THRILLSEEKA said:
WHAT???!!! OK... LOOK BELOW HIS ARM. You know...WHERE A TREE WOULD LOGICALLY BE SEEN???
Honestly, whay in the hell would anyone go through the effort of trying to fake a shot like that??? Well, maybe on pinkbike I guess...lot's of kids on there that are as tall as "our new 17' drop!!!" Kids rule.
Anyway, it's not fugging chopped, the tree is very visible, only the right side of the trunk is blocked by leafage, no one's going to foget a tree and manage to chop in freaking SPOKES where the wall is visible through the wheels, and the shadow is NOT "off", check the angle of the handrailing shadow. The sun doesn't always shine straight down, kids!
Besides, where would they have gotten a shadow like that, and how would you chop a shadow onto a wall like that??? If it WAS chopped, it would be a cooler stunt than the huck itself! Apparently, some of you haven't ever seen a BMX vid? We've got nothing on them...
Dude ........ [Bart Simpson voice ]don't have a Cow man[/Bart simpson voice ]

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Its real, this was posted awhile back in the BMX fourm.

Its Jimmy Levan

In the actual poster that was in RIDE magazine, you can see the transition better

The thing everyone who rides mountain bikes forgets to mention about bmx is the role Wheel size plays into stunts like this.

With 20" wheels, and lower top tubes, You have much more room to soak up big hits with your legs. you can absorb hits much better on a BMX then you can on a MTB.

Think about all the big hits you taken on your mtb where you've hit your ass on your rear wheel. It happens a lot less with a 20" wheel.

heres the thread from the bmx forum

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133208

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Guys, It's Jimmy LeVan. It is a real photo. He does bigger stuff than this. Have none of you seen Props Road Fools 2?

Edit: Scurban beat me. :)