Quantcast

Oh SNAP, I have special needs in a disaster!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
S N A P

Just found this. It is a link to a "special needs" registry in LA County, so that in the event of a disaster, the first-responders and emergency services should prioritize giving you a hand, if you are registered. Nifty idea for grandma. Any other services like this in other parts of the country?

Should a disaster strike in your area, this registry will be used to enhance the efficiency of those agencies called upon to respond. Enrollees are not prioritized for first consideration or evacuation. However the responding agencies will use this information to maximize their capacity to serve those with specific needs, both in the planning and preparation process, as well as in their actual post-disaster response.

Physical disabilities

Cardiac and/or respiratory circumstances

Developmental disabilities

Emotional or psychiatric disabilities

Deafness or hearing loss

Blindness or severe vision loss

Speech impairments

Short-term disabilities

Reliance on technologies that use electricity

Using medications

Participation in a home delivery program

Need specialized paratransit vehicles

Experience seizures

Immune system deficiencies

Communicable diseases

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I was reading the "disaster plan" for one place and the instructions for managing people in wheelchairs during a fire was to push them into a room and give the room number to firefighters.

Don't try too hard, now.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
S N A P

Just found this. It is a link to a "special needs" registry in LA County, so that in the event of a disaster, the first-responders and emergency services should prioritize giving you a hand, if you are registered.

Should a disaster strike in your area, this registry will be used to enhance the efficiency of those agencies called upon to respond. Enrollees are not prioritized for first consideration or evacuation. However the responding agencies will use this information to maximize their capacity to serve those with specific needs, both in the planning and preparation process, as well as in their actual post-disaster response.

- Reliance on technologies that use electricity

Do Phones count? If so, then we have problems. ;)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
You could have some fun with this.

"Yes, I need electricity, or my buds won't flower properly."

Signed,

Dickhead neighbour that everyone hates