Quantcast

Oh sweet mother of christ...Lance in politics?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
DRB said:
With a little bit of trail time, he would absolutely be wasting NORBA and World Cup races.
No doubt.
He showed up at Mt. Snow and got like 5th place in a loaded field, and he hardly has that much time on a MTB.

I was at Bent Creek one time, and I saw a group of guys at the bottom all on top of the line Trek MTB's with Postal jerseys on. As I was raising my hand to point and laugh at them, I noticed one of them was Hincapie. Oops.
That would have sucked to hear them coming up behind you on a fireroad.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I Are Baboon said:
Heh heh....Lance could run for Governor, Senator or Congressman in Texas TODAY and he'd win. :D The only thing that would stop him is if there is some kind of age minimum.

But therein lies the problem. People are so enamoured with his riding that they will follow him to the ends of the earth.

That is of course retarded.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
MMike said:
But therein lies the problem. People are so enamoured with his riding that they will follow him to the ends of the earth.

That is of course retarded.
And this is different from out current presidential situation , how? I had a lady tell me, while my car was getting an oild change, that W. was the lords personal avatar and it was my duty to vote for him. Of course, I'm a buddhist, so you know how far that went...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Reactor said:
And this is different from out current presidential situation , how? I had a lady tell me, while my car was getting an oild change, that W. was the lords personal avatar and it was my duty to vote for him. Of course, I'm a buddhist, so you know how far that went...
How is that a good argument FOR Lance in politics? I'm no fan of W. I'm not saying that your current situation is great. Far from it. BUt getting a pro cyclist in there will fix things up?

(again...I realize him going for elected office of some sort does automatically imply he's gunning for president)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
MMike said:
How is that a good argument FOR Lance in politics? I'm no fan of W. I'm not saying that your current situation is great. Far from it. BUt getting a pro cyclist in there will fix things up?

(again...I realize him going for elected office of some sort does automatically imply he's gunning for president)

No I'm saying I don't see how he can be worse. Personally I think it's a bad idea for him to run.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Mmike can relax.

Unless that Jim Carey talks him into it.
Ace Ventura: President

Taken from "cycling news"

"What about the rumours of him having a go at politics, possibly running for Governor of Texas? "For the moment I don't have any type of political leanings or ambitions. I would like to face the post-racing life as quietly as possible," he replied, saying that both George W. Bush and Jim Kerry are "two friends". In the near future, Armstrong actually might assist Sheryl Crow in the pursuit of her career, just as she did for him, too - another indication that Armstrong can't sit still for long. "