Quantcast

Oh that poor Ferrari!

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
beestiboy said:
Looks like it use to be an Enzo, if so he probably didnt have insurance. With that kind of money you dont need it.

You dont know much about much do you? No matter how much money you need insurance to drive anything before getting behind the wheel. Being an uninsured driver is an arrestable offense, even if you have $50million. And If you have the money to buy an Enzo in the first place, you probably could afford a 2nd after crashing the first. But thats no the point. There were only 399 made. Now after this one its down to 394. Ferarri isnt going to try to repair that, and they wont make him a new one. The biggest problem for this guy is not that he got in an accident, its now that hes going to have to try to find another Enzo, and i bet they will go up in price a bit because of this crash.

This picture should make any car lover want to cry

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
It's just a car. Someone was able to buy a stupidly expensive car, have a few cocktails, go flying up the PCH, destroy the car and run away.

Boo hoo.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Makes me want to cry, but I am sure the list of Enzo owners in the area is so small that it won't take them too long to find the owner.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Tenchiro said:
Makes me want to cry, but I am sure the list of Enzo owners in the area is so small that it won't take them too long to find the owner.
The DMV could just run the vin, or call whoever made those custom wheels and ask who payed for them, that would find the owner too.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
He's sober now, and will get ticketed for leaving the scene of an accident and not DUI.

Unless it was Dick Cheney driving, then the fault is on the car...

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Curb Hucker said:
The biggest problem for this guy is not that he got in an accident, its now that hes going to have to try to find another Enzo, and i bet they will go up in price a bit because of this crash.
Not a problem at all. He can find another one in his garage. He had two. Now he has one.

Re: Insurance

Apparently the car was not registered in the US so it's quite possible that it wasn't insured.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I find it a little fishy. The "passenger" was cut, but only the driver side air bag had blood on it. Conclusion, the "passenger" was in fact the driver.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Ridemonkey said:
I find it a little fishy. The "passenger" was cut, but only the driver side air bag had blood on it. Conclusion, the "passenger" was in fact the driver.
Whoa...whoa...whoa....that comment is dangerously close to detective work...I think you need to leave that to the professionals! :clue: :rolleyes: :oink: :blah: There's no room for common sense here!

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Ridemonkey said:
That would make sense why he is still mising. If I let someone drive a care like that (I never would!) I would kill them if they wrecked it in such a way.

R

richcreek

he probally stole it thats why he fleed!!! i think that is an enzo, there are only like 30 of thoes in exsisteance, wount be to hard to find the owner.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
richcreek said:
he probally stole it thats why he fleed!!! i think that is an enzo, there are only like 30 of thoes in exsisteance, wount be to hard to find the owner.
poster fleed to post without reading any of the thread. :rolleyes:

J

JRB

I didn't even know what an Enzo was until the other day. I am to cars what skaredsh*thead is to TV.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
richcreek said:
Yes that must have been what happened. A guy stole it with the real owner in the pass. seat, then crashed it. Undoubtably that's what happened.

Also Ferrari made 399. :rolleyes:

Reading is fundemental:oink:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
maxyedor said:
Yes that must have been what happened. A guy stole it with the real owner in the pass. seat, then crashed it. Undoubtably that's what happened.
Don't they have paddle shifters too? An expertise that most car jackers have mastered...

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
justsomeguy said:
Be careful there with the smarmy rolleyes smiley.

Ferrari made 400 Enzos...
From the Enzo site at ferrariusa.com:

Ferrari periodically creates a limited edition model that draws together the brand's technical expertise and racing experience. The first of these models was the Ferrari 250 LM, designed for customer use at racing circuits. In recent years the milestones of this process have been the 288 GTO, the F40, and the F50.

In 2002, when a new period of dominance in Formula One was attained by Ferrari after many years of painstaking development, it was time once again to unleash a pure but streetable racing sports car to showcase all that Ferrari technology and style means. This car is the Enzo Ferrari, named as a tribute the company's founder, a person who understood the extraordinary force represented by combining racing with the production of exclusive cars brimming with technology, at a particularly fortunate moment in Ferrari history, when world records are being set on the race track and in the marketplace. The car is to be known simply as "The Enzo", this car offers drivers the combined experience of multiple consecutive World Constructors' titles with the technical ideas and engine tuning skills of World Champion Michael Schumacher.

Only 399 Enzos were built.
sheesh.

edit: linkidoo

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
justsomeguy said:
You need to do more research. Initial production run was 349, then they added 50 more.

Then they added one more, which was donated to the Catholic Church and auctioned off with the proceeds being donated to Tsunami relief efforts.

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profiles/2006/January/Ferrari/

Sheesh.
I suppose you've actually contributed something productive for once. I stand corrected. You'd think they'd put some mention of that on their site. Sheesh. :)