Quantcast

Oh this is rich

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
This post is like directly mirrored in highlands evolution as a bike park. The first trail were all hucks to flat, 90 degree turn, huck to flat, uphill to a 90 degree turn to a skinny, to a huck to flat.

Now everything is all weird and flowy, with transitions and speed and stuff. And matching jammies.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
only a bad thing that they haven't flattened that old trail to build virtually anything else! I was just being sarcastic, the new trails are fabulous

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
FAT TO FLAT > ALL

THE COOLEST FEATURE possible for a DH track is a booter with no landing... just 50ft rubble field. Sending + chunder = awesome.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
This quote, read with Lewis Black' s voice, is brilliant.

I'd say that's truly the biggest contribution to society of the dianese full tard but oh no.........there is another.

Every few years....

Every so often......

Still to this day......

You see some poor fvcker who's trying out 'this dh thing' who gets handed one of those and he shows up in the liftline wearing the full tard......

And nothing else.

And THAT without doubt is the single biggest contribution to society that dianese has ever accomplished with the full tard. I for one am always thankful.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Dangerous Dan sending it!! Flow show!!!

I have the vid series north shore volume 1-5 beginning circa 1998 on VHS..

the first few vids are so terrible..

I must say I was guilty of a few roof hucks to flat..I remember when I first got a dh bike in 2001..hit up the local elementary school where the portable classrooms backed up to a grassy slope behind the school..

a few too many pedal strokes put me at about 15' to near flat..I was suprised that my hanebrink fork and 6" Mnt Cycle shockwave ejected me like it did..

^Like I said, momentum based features are not what that 'article' is talking about.

Let me refresh

........we doin the humpty hump

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

Thanks (Michelle) Obama for guilting Sesame Street into having the Cookie Monster (of all puppets) promote good eating habits. Paints a great picture of how liberals view agri-business, some old blue hair with 2 wandering eyes, sitting on his ass, reaping millions off cheap minority farm labor.

As for the sweet rock huck pic, big ups for short shorts & thigh mid-riff, what appears to be casts on both arms, the sweaty homeless waif hiding behind said rock, and the polo helmet. Strong work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I thought you guys knew your mtb history better. that is indeed "Dangerous Dan Cowan". No matter what the fashion police say, he was a pionneer and probably responsible for getting more people involved in mountain biking than any of us. I have heard so many british riders talk amorously about "north shore" riding. and where would we be without british mountain biking...?!

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

I thought you guys knew your mtb history better. that is indeed "Dangerous Dan Cowan". No matter what the fashion police say, he was a pionneer and probably responsible for getting more people involved in mountain biking than any of us. I have heard so many british riders talk amorously about "north shore" riding. and where would we be without british mountain biking...?!

I still hear people refering to wooden features as North Shores.

Also NS bikes used to be called North Shore.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
:thumb:

funny I was wondering what happened to him a few days ago and found this writeup/vid...pretty cool

except for his bike setup haha

http://www.nsmb.com/4678-vidstory-dangerous-dan-redux/

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

No we all know exactly who woody harrelson is. And he is almost singlehandedly responsible for that extended period of circus tricks masquerading as bike riding that is an absolute embarassment (kind of like watching dh racing in the 90s). He and his buddies saw dirt and couldn't corner in it, didn't know how to build a real jump in it, couldn't hit it anyway...... so after watching old soviet block trained bears carring umbrellas and riding unicycles on tight ropes said "hey.....we should do that".

And no mountain bike in an entire major metropolitan area rolled faster than 5mph for 8 years following.
Truly the dark ages. :D

Seriously, look at this nonsense

There's a reason every norco, rocky mountain, and brodie bike all rode like complete crap forever with 20" high bottom brackets, 95 degree headangles and 2 inch long top tubes with as much stiffness as a wet bananna in corners. They were evolving into unicycles! :D

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
I think I have a copy of that video with Kidwoo getting his Shore Circus Monkey on somewhere...

Woo you would dig many of the trail updates her now, we can now hit warp speed of like 9mph :)

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
I still hear people refering to wooden features as North Shores.

Also NS bikes used to be called North Shore.
i had early parts from them, it had that name with extension "extreme" :D

now NS has good brand work and is better than some German companies.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think I have a copy of that video with Kidwoo getting his Shore Circus Monkey on somewhere...

Woo you would dig many of the trail updates her now, we can now hit warp speed of like 9mph :)
As much as I like shlt talking Canada (but mostly just pinkbike), even back then there were plenty of people making fun of dan-sitions. It gave me hope for your race of people.

But come on, even years ago you know I was making fun of the guys I was with for geeking out on a 2x4 when there were some perfectly good rolling features and singletrack right next to them. I'm a dick but I'm (mostly) consistent. :D

Every sport has their teething years......people used to see how many 360s they could do on flat ground on skateboards......... That's not what's silly. What's silly is pinkbike absolving themselves from it by pretending they were somehow separate from a 'trend'. One they very much helped to foster.

I gotta track you down when I'm up there this year. It's been too long. We can have a teeter totter race.

Last edited:

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
As much as I like shlt talking Canada (but mostly just pinkbike), even back then there were plenty of people making fun of dan-sitions. It gave me hope for your race of people.

But come on, even years ago you know I was making fun of the guys I was with for geeking out on a 2x4 when there were some perfectly good rolling features right next to them. I'm a dick but I'm (mostly) consistent. :D

Every sport has their teething years......people used to see how many 360s they could do on flat ground on skateboards......... That's not what's silly. What's silly is pinkbike absolving themselves from it by pretending they were somehow separate from a 'trend'. One they very much helped to foster.

I gotta track you down when I'm up there this year. It's been too long.
I don't think Pinkbike will ever shed it's roots as a hucker. Glad to have never been a part of the roof top huck to flat days.

Bring your trail bike Fromme is only a few blocks out the back door of my garage and we have a spare room.