Quantcast

Oh yay a bottom bracket thread

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have a PF30 SRAM something something crank on my trenduro.

I'm thinking of replacing it with a Raceface 30mm turbine cinch crank, but that's besides the point.

I'd like to put that crank on a bike with a BSA bb. Can I do that? Raceface has a BSA30 bottom bracket, will that allow me to put the PF30 SRAM crank on the frame? I thought I saw something about a GXP BB that would allow me to run it as well.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Do they make a picture like that for those of us that bought computers after 1990?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
In any case, just get some quality enduro (real world cycling) bearings, slap em in the BB, good to go for a lot longer than the stock ones will last. You can buy adaptors to run standard shimano/BSA crank. There are some options. I'm running xx1 on my enduro, PF/BB30.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah I want to upgrade the X7 cranks on the enduro to a cinch system.

I want to take the "X7" cranks on the enduro and put them on another bike. I'm not sure what BB i need to do that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
/leaves disappointed that Sandwich isn't trying to fit a square taper bottom bracket with an ISIS crank to an 83mm BB shell.

gxp BB won't work, you'll need to use something from the raceface chart above.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
/leaves disappointed that Sandwich isn't trying to fit a square taper bottom bracket with an ISIS crank to an 83mm BB shell.

gxp BB won't work, you'll need to use something from the raceface chart above.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm trying to simultaneously build up a kiddie hauler while I upgrade the enduro. That's where this is going.