Quantcast

Oh you've got a professional park stand do you?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Had to run to the home depot for some gardening **** and decided to stop hanging the bike from pipes to work on it and get all hoodtree mechanic. The $11 bike stand.

Plenty strong to hold the bike while wrenching, the downside is it's a bit one sided. Gotta drop the bike, turn it around and redo the seatpost to work on the other side, but saving $170 on a Park wall mount was well worth it.

Some pipe insulation wrapped around the seatpost and slide down into the PVC and it's all good.

Plus I can easily unscrew it from the wall and move it out of the way.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I have 2 stands, one for the car, one for the house; no garage or extra room.

I love tools and cant imagine not having the best possible ones, and using them often!

But then I drool over tools, like the 15mm bushing tool I just got (18$), the same way I would drool over some new 10spd Saint treats.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I did something similar but used a Pony clamp on the end. Made a non-marring set of jaws out of a scrap of Trex:

I have an Ultimate (Feedback) Pro now but that setup got me by quite well for as long as I needed it.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10228

60$, works like a charm , bike is solid and I dont need to screw around with the seat post if I want to turn the bike around .:thumb:. . .I use it outside when hosing down the bikes and its almost as good as my "professionnal" park stand I use in my shop

Plus I can easily unscrew it from the wall and move it out of the way too !
That ones pretty good. When I get the garage/basement settled figured out i think i'll buy one of those for sure, for now this'll do.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I have the busted up cheapo silver thing from Performance from about 10 years ago. It sits in the yard or on the porch 24/7. Use it to wash it and work on it. Would love to have a Feedback one.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I use the pedros and always have it in the truck. I dont wrench full time anymore but it still is too awesome not to pack around for my needs. everything I do is on the go so I don't have a place to mount something to the wall.

x2 pedros stand is always in the car