Quantcast

ohhh..ya...this kind of muscle makes a girl wet all over!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Opeth said:
I . Their cars are cramped if you're 6' up and have long legs if you have to sit in the rear seats even if they are adjusted all the way up. .

ever sit in the back of a honda...talk about cramped, so I guess that means honda's suck too?

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
Hawkeye said:
Funny they say people are lining up to buy them, the f.o.r.d. dealers here have them sitting on the lot because people are not buying them. The performance is just not there. The GTO KILLS it across the board in street numbers, comfort, and build quality just not in looks
LOL There are waiting lists for 05 Mustang GT's at the dealers close to me. I have spoken with some of the salesmen and they are all very happy with the new car and can not offer me a test drive for a month or two. So either they don't have any cars that aren't pre-sold (sight-unseen, might add), or I smell bad :D

Your GTO comparison is comical. Criticizing the Mustang for not selling and then comparing it to the Holden Gumdrop takes a lot of nerve or simply not knowing the facts. The GTO was a HUGE sales disapointment for Pontiac. So far I believe they've moved about 10,000 of the planned 18,000 '04 models, and are selling a DEEP discounts. From the LS1 forum, I know that some are being sold UNDER $20k! after all the rebates,etc. There will certainly be lots of them left when the almost-equally bland '05's finally get here and flounder next to their '04 brothers on the sales floor. I suggest GM gives away a free GTO with any purchase of a Hummer H1 :p

Saying that the GTO "KILLS" the Mustang in "street numbers, comfort, and build quality just not in looks" just about made me laugh myself out of my chair. If "street numbers" means peformance, then there is very little difference between the two. '04 GTO's and '05 Mustang's run high 13's in the quarter and mid 5's 0-60. The 'Stang has less hp but hooks better and weighs about 200 pounds less. The '05 GTO is definitely a LITTLE faster, but not so much that a better driver won't still win, or minor mods wouldn't balance it out. For the price difference, using some modifications is still a fair comparison. And saying the Uber-Cavalier is better looking than the 05 'Stang puts you in an extreme minority, in disagreement with the near-universal dislike for the Holden design, particularly as a "GTO". The '05 Mustang made a HUGE appearance at this year's SEMA show (not likely for an ugly car) and will certainly be one of the hottest American cars for the next couple years.

Sure, the GTO's have great engine and transmission packages, but so did the Camaro's and Firebirds, and where are they now? The GTO's are ugly, over-priced, and thoroughly outclassed against their true competition of other $35k sport coupes from Infiniti and BMW. As a GM fan you'll just have to wait for the resurrection of the Camaro before you can hope to beat the Mustang at the game Ford invented building a cheap fast V-8 coupe for the masses (a Pony car). When the 06/07 Cobra comes out, it'll be lights-out for the Holden! ROFL!

http://www.forbes.com/vehicles/2004/07/13/cx_mf_0713test.html

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I love late model ford. :love: My father owned a 97' 4WD Explorer with the 5.0, ford racing headers, K&N cold air intake, and Gibson cat-back. Great acceleration and an amazing sound. Sold for a 2000 F250 crewcab diesel, K&N intake, diesel performance chip, and MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust with a 4" tip! With the mod chip in, boost pressure can get up in the 25-28 psi range. It has great acceleration and tows very well. Plus, it's got tons o' room in the cab. Yes, the new Mustangs are sweet. :cool:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i remember driving an overloaded 2 and a half ton dump truck down the freeway covered in dirt and hot tar dust. Chicks were nearly driving off the road trying to get a load of me. huh huh huh.....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
My grandfather had a Ford. My mom had a Ford. My brother had a Ford. My wife HAS a Ford. All pieces of crap.
The Mustang has always been a P.O.S.

A fast P.O.S. in the GT version, but a P.O.S. nonetheless.

Ford has done a great job marketing 'em and brainwashing consumers...... for 40 years. :thumb:

-S.S.-

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
SkaredShtles said:
The Mustang has always been a P.O.S.

A fast P.O.S. in the GT version, but a P.O.S. nonetheless.

Ford has done a great job marketing 'em and brainwashing consumers...... for 40 years. :thumb:

-S.S.-
Opinions are like assholes... An opinion you can't support is like one that doesn't ever get wiped.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
I've seen a bunch of them driving around. From the side or front it looks great. From the back it looks like a crap. Takes the early 80's mustang theme of having bumpers that expose rusting gas tanks and exhaust pipes, unless the GT version still has plastic ground effects designed by a 12 year old.
I agree...I was impressed with it until I saw the ass end...

J

JRB

DVNT said:
Hahaha! That'll teach me to read the last post first!
I wondered where you were yesterday. Hadn't noticed you around in a while. :thumb:

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Has any one driven one yet? I've been waiting around, and the local dealerships keep getting 6's. There was one GT that stuck around for a little bit, but it was an auto.. I ain't wastin my time with that :D Been pretty tough locating a manual GT, every salesman has told me that they hit the lots and they're gone. Only seen a handful on the road too.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
dh girlie said:
I agree...I was impressed with it until I saw the ass end...
I think the whole car looks like ass. I love fords but I would never drive 2005 Mustang. The lines dont flow and the front end doesnt look very aerodynamic. The previous generation had sleeker lines.