Quantcast

Ohill melt down

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
Does any one here race the O hill melt down? If so do you know what trails it runs. and for any one interested its in April look at the UVA mountain bike club website

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Bearmntpicnic said:
Does any one here race the O hill melt down? If so do you know what trails it runs. and for any one interested its in April look at the UVA mountain bike club website
I did the trials comp there a few years back. What events are they runnin?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bearmntpicnic said:
I've done it the past few years, cool race. Pretty much uses most of the trails out at O-hill. Course seems to change each year so no real point in trying to figure it out at this point.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I don't think the date has been nailed down yet, and usually it's not finalized until after Christmas break and the course usually isn't finalized until a couple days before the race, if that. Don't be concerned about it though, everyone has a good time and it's a very laid back event.

The course last year was the best one from the past 6 years IMO and hopefully it will stay the same, and you might be able to find a topo map with the loop on the club website. Trying to describe it in detail is pointless online, but plan on about a 5 mile loop that uses almost every trail.

The trials competition was kind of a fluke when we had quite a few riders interested in trials that year. I'm not sure the interest is there this year, so plan on just the standard XC events.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
on the site im pretty shure it say the 6th of April weather permiting and they killed the place they had the trials place its coverd in mulch now... I was like 6 when that happend and I remmeber thinking it was pretty sweet.
Also its three loops so like 15 miles and they do have a topo map on the club site but its pretty usless I should be able to figure it out saying I ride up there like every day, and I figured out that they sell maps at some of the local shops around cville some guy makes them apparently they are pretty good.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
April 6th was last year, unless they plan on having the race on a Thursday. The class you enter (Beginner, Sport, or Expert) will determine how many loops you do. Expert/Pro was 3 laps last year IIRC, and 15 miles at O'hill is nothing to scoff at. If you know the trails well, that topo map will make sense after some studying.

Bearmnt, did you just get a Nixon put on your bike at Performance by any chance?