Quantcast

Ohio Riding....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Headed to a wedding in Zanesville, Ohio this weekend (east of Columbus) and am bringing the bike.

Looks like there is a state park nearby that has some riding. Does anyone know of anything else nearby that might not be on TrailForks?

Yeah...Ohio :dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can't say I have been to Zanesville but Eastern Ohio is right next to West Virginia which is hilly as fuck, good chance of entertaining trails.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The singletrack used for the Mohican 100 I raced many years ago was lots of fun....

Goes off to check where that was compared to Zanesville...

Looks like it's about an hour north of ZVille.

That looks interesting. Will have to convince the lady friend to do that big of a ride. Looks like a bunch of up and down climbing?

edit: looks like trailforks has it at almost double the climbing as mtbproject.

Definitely would have to do that on Sunday. I guess this will all depend on the hangover from the wedding on Saturday. Ugh I wish I wasn't in the wedding party.

View attachment 137493
It's kinda on the way you can rent a bike there cheap
I've been there a dozen times it's fun
Oh yeah totally forgot about that place. Would definitely stop there if we didn't have a dog. Also passing through that area early in the morning.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well I stand corrected, this area is much more hilly than the northern parts of Ohio (which is where I've previously travelled through).

Checked out one of the local places called The Wild, after our 7.5 hour drive. There is a trail association here, but judging by the leaf covered trails, I doubt many people actually ride there.

Oh, and the fuckin spiders! The trails were absolutely covered in them. Literally every few seconds had you riding through big webs. Eventually said fuck that and aborted. Rode a portion of the trail one handed waving a stick in front of my bike.

Helmet, bike and clothes looked like this. Lost count of how many spiders I squished.

Trails would be great if they had more traffic.

Going to try to check out Dillon State park tomorrow morning.

One of the few spots with no spiders...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did a short loop in Dillon State Park this afternoon. Decent trails, no spiders and we actually saw a couple other people on bikes.

It kind of reminded me of Raystown in PA, but with less elevation, skinnier trails and a little more rock. The dirt at both of the places we have been to has been rock solid.

There is a big beach and a lot of camp sites.