Quantcast

Ohlins boxxer drop in cartridge

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
If You don't know what to change, add moar shimz.
I'm still trying to figure out what I would change about the new boxxer dampers.

I got nothin......
add moar shimzz bro, moar shimzz...

PJivan

Monkey
Aug 27, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
I'm still trying to figure out what I would change about the new boxxer dampers.

I got nothin......
Is like saying... from a DH bike you gain only 4cm over an am bike... or all tires are basically made of rubber so they are basically all the same...or... all coil forks works basically with oil spring and shims

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Oh I sure do hope they have massively undersized damper rods that bend with any flex in the fork and have required replacement intervals of <20 hours like their moto cartridges do! Oh and as a bonus, maybe they'll even require $100's of dollars of assembly tooling to put in new fluid too! The possibilities are endless!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Nope, been there and done that with the Ohlins moto stuff, front and rear, their crown jewels of suspension. They don't hold up to fast desert or MX riding at all. It's road race suspension fitted into offroad chassis. Their support and parts accessibility was laughable too. It had a cooler feel over small bumps and lower speed stuff because they are really damn smooth and slick, but as soon as the speed/size picked up, it blew through and got sketchy on both ends.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh I sure do hope they have massively undersized damper rods that bend with any flex in the fork and have required replacement intervals of <20 hours like their moto cartridges do! Oh and as a bonus, maybe they'll even require $100's of dollars of assembly tooling to put in new fluid too! The possibilities are endless!
sounds like they'll fit right in with the bike industry

mtdh

Chimp
Nov 11, 2013
Vancouver
I looked into getting an Ohlins cartridge but there not going to be available in North America any time soon. You can buy them online in Europe but getting parts or service is difficult so not worth the hassle.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Is like saying... from a DH bike you gain only 4cm over an am bike... or all tires are basically made of rubber so they are basically all the same...or... all coil forks works basically with oil spring and shims
FACT: Kidwoo rides with solid rubber tires.

FACT: the reason Kidwoo hates 27.5" wheels so much is that there are no solid rubber tires for em yet.

FACT: Ohlins does not make solid rubber tires for bicycles.

But I've probably said too much.

Trasselkalle

Monkey
Oct 28, 2014
Sweden
Cross-post from the Fox40 thread about the Öhlins, but the link has info on both boxxer and fox: "Speaking of Öhlins, similar to what was previously posted by them but there are some updates on Bikerumor."

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Has anyone used the single ohlins upgrade in the fox 40 or is it worth just keep the fork as it is and getting it serviced and tuned by a local place in the UK?

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Has anyone used the single ohlins upgrade in the fox 40 or is it worth just keep the fork as it is and getting it serviced and tuned by a local place in the UK?
I picked up a used 40 a couple of months ago with the Ohlins STX cart in it but haven't had any ride time on it yet so no idea how it performs.