Quantcast

OHOHOHOH SATURBORK

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Fresh outta Compton, I mean coffee. Fresh outta coffee at home so walked uphill to le diner waiting on huevos rancheros, will walk uphill back home afterwards.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike show today. So that means lots of walking and looking for beers.

Also going to break the news to my riding buddies this year, that I'm not getting a DH lift pass. Only used it 4 times last season and $300 is a lot of coin. I want to go exploring on more unknown trails this summer. Plus the local DH trails never change, so its become pretty mehhhh over the years.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

Also going to break the news to my riding buddies this year, that I'm not getting a DH lift pass. Only used it 4 times last season and $300 is a lot of coin. I want to go exploring on more unknown trails this summer. Plus the local DH trails never change, so its become pretty mehhhh over the years.
:ban:

You can redeem yourself with pics from the bike show though. ;)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I do not like rising early. But I do like skiing.

I should buy a condo.

(Sitting in the winter park town parking garage getting some free electrons at 6 kW.)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Enough resorts near you to make an mtbparks pass worthwhile so you can out and explore multiple resorts?

Wife and I always pick up up early at the end of the prior season, then it's paid for itself after 3 different trips.

edit: early price is a little better at ~$150 instead of the current $300.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Enough resorts near you to make an mtbparks pass worthwhile so you can out and explore multiple resorts?

Wife and I always pick up up early at the end of the prior season, then it's paid for itself after 3 different trips.

edit: early price is a little better at ~$150 instead of the current $300.
Unfortunately theres only one hill around here.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
The sun is shining and I just rode my bike. It was a gravel ride because trails are to wet but hey, it was a ride. More rain on tap for tomorrow. Wife and me are seriously thinking of jumping on a plane to Arizona or SoCal for a long weekend of riding..we already have like 12” if rain this year in two months.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Of course it's raining in Los Angels. Crashed hard last night after leaving the hospital and getting to my sisters house. Might have some thing to do with being up for 18 hours and driving a total of 500 miles. 9 hours of sound sleep was nice. heading back to the hospital to hang with dad in a few minutes

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Awesome morning, Dad is doing really well, vitals are good, breathing is good, his appetite is back and he is feeling stronger and yakking away. View attachment 133122 View attachment 133123
the hair gene in your father is strong i see....

glad he is feeling better....

soooo....the meds my brothers youngest was taking to help with appetite also had him hearing voices that were not there....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
0EA64305-C5B6-49A3-8117-4F72858B8E5C.png
fam hike @ linville gorge to a spot called daffodill flats where there was once a homestead but now just a huge clearing filled with daffodills. only “quick” ways to get there is to pick one of two trails, both of which drop 1400’ in a mile. bluebird day. stopped at a brewery on the way back, followed by many tacos at the preferred post-ride/hike mexican spot. best thing about the place, though, is that they have a salsa bar and bring you endless bowls of chips.